Michigan at Indiana

5 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

This should be a shut out for Michigan.

But true, if the starters for Michigan all show. I can think they would not have any reason to duck. I am worried about Washington for Indiana. Hope the leg injury he sustained isn’t a year ending hit. 

Just now, Disco said:

But true, if the starters for Michigan all show. I can think they would not have any reason to duck. I am worried about Washington for Indiana. Hope the leg injury he sustained isn’t a year ending hit. 

If Michigan brings their regular line up, I don't see IU winning a match.  Hudkins would be the only one that I could see winning.

14 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

If Michigan brings their regular line up, I don't see IU winning a match.  Hudkins would be the only one that I could see winning.

And I am ok with this , considering The Wolves have a top 4 or 5 squad in the country. As long as Indiana scraps like they have been. Making opponents earn points ,is all that you can ask , until the talent quotient is elevated. 

4 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Oh most def, he's unreal, just call tell the size/strength difference negates his technical advantage he usually has at a lower weight.

Hopefully he he will continue to work around that disadvantage as he already has from the beginning of the season. He’s a smart guy and is learning to adjust. 

10 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Just isn't strong enough to finish his leg attacks consistently at 41, you can tell the size difference is tough on him.

I’ve notice a big issue when he gets broken down against 141 guys.   At 125 it was mostly a small struggle before he was out but at 141 he seems stuck on his stomach with both wrist rolled under for ages. Not necessarily getting turned but it’s eating up clock and adding riding time.  Size and strength seems to definitely win out there.   He’s definitely going to have to figure out how to be selective and crafty from his feet against AA contenders or he’s going to get stuck in that position too long to get back in the match.  

23 hours ago, MattM said:

I’ve notice a big issue when he gets broken down against 141 guys.   At 125 it was mostly a small struggle before he was out but at 141 he seems stuck on his stomach with both wrist rolled under for ages. Not necessarily getting turned but it’s eating up clock and adding riding time.  Size and strength seems to definitely win out there.   He’s definitely going to have to figure out how to be selective and crafty from his feet against AA contenders or he’s going to get stuck in that position too long to get back in the match.  

Yes def in the Minnesota loss he was rode live I have never seen him be, I'm just glad he's out there laying it on the line and I know in FS he'll excelly regardless as well.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yes def in the Minnesota loss he was rode live I have never seen him be, I'm just glad he's out there laying it on the line and I know I'm FS he'll excelly regardless as well.

That’s right, he will look back and hopefully say the struggles in folk this year helped him in his journey in FS. 

On 2/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, Disco said:

That’s right, he will look back and hopefully say the struggles in folk this year helped him in his journey in FS. 

I think his best FS weight would be 61 kg.  Unfortunately, that's not an olympic weight.  He showed at the Olympics that the cut to 57 kg is too hard.  and with 65 kg being the deepest weight in the world, I have a hard time seeing him being super competitive there.  He's not beating Yianni, Zain, Lee, McKenna or Oliver at 65 in the US.  I'm sure he'll represent Serbia, but 65 kg is going to be tough.   

12 hours ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Angel needs to recruit from PA and NJ and not Indiana State Champs.  Indiana bred boys ain’t getting the job done

Well the ones Indiana has on the roster are pretty competitive. But I see some of the Indiana state champs around the country  on other college squads hammering people.