145: Koontz, Searcy, Hooper, Cain

152: Rinehart, Walston, Glithero, Jones

160 (most wide open IMO): Farrell, Wagner, Euson, Powell

170: Cast, Braun, Cashman, Johnson

182: Hansen, Tilton, Albaugh, Jones

195: Jordan, Broom, Hastings, Bovard 

220: Weingart, Kendrex, Lewis, Johnson

285: Burgett, Platonov, Watts, Smith

At 138, tough draw for Cathedral's Gonzalez with having Lowery on his side of the bracket. Lost a close match to him earlier this year but beat Johnson each of the last two weeks... now it's Johnson with the easier route to a runner-up finish.

152 is the only weight where every ticket round matchup could feature state ranked vs. state ranked wrestlers. I'd take Naselroad over Jones, otherwise good with the other three. Walston/Naselroad and Glithero/Rinehart would be outstanding semifinal matches.

Agree that 160 is wide open. Farrell has a knack for winning the close matches but he didn't show much offensively at regionals. I'd take Calderon over him in the ticket round and the winner of Euson/Wagner to win that bracket.

The fact that Weingart isn't even ranked in the SS at 220 is laughable. Maybe Cathedral has liked that he's flown under the radar all year. Either way, he's the best kid in that bracket and will show it again on Saturday.

9 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

106: Smith, Wilson, Crull, Halevi

113: Dickey, Thompson, Getz, Whitley

120: Billerman, Leavel, Vest, Reyes 

126: Wolf, Morton, Johnson, Ward

132: Zeke, Thrine, Anthony, Major

138: Lowery, Johnson, Gonzalez, O’Neil

Vest-Reyes will be a close one. Could go either way. They are 1-1 this season. First match Vest 3-2, 2nd match Reyes 6-1, but I think Vest has this one. 

Burgett and Platonov have wrestled 3 times this season. Burgett is up 2-1, but all 3 have been 1 point matches. Platonov won Regional over Burgett 1-0. I tip it to Platonov. 

182 has #12 Tilton vs. #8 McDonald in the ticket round.

Definitely some tough 1st round matches as well. A few brackets have senior against senior first round, and a lot of tough ticket rounds. 

Edited by CED
Add info.

14 minutes ago, CED said:

Vest-Reyes will be a close one. Could go either way. They are 1-1 this season. First match Vest 3-2, 2nd match Reyes 6-1, but I think Vest has this one. 

Burgett and Platonov have wrestled 3 times this season. Burgett is up 2-1, but all 3 have been 1 point matches. Platonov won Regional over Burgett 1-0. I tip it to Platonov. 

Definitely some tough 1st round matches as well. A few brackets have senior against senior first round, and a lot of tough ticket rounds. 

They’ve actually wrestled 4 times and it’s 3-1 Burgett. Won 3-1 in SV at Shamrock Duals

3-2 In TB-1 at Paul Logan Duals

2-1 at Sectionals and then the 1-0 loss at Regionals

Certainly anyone’s match this time around, will be fun to watch if they both take care of business first.

2 minutes ago, Coach Brobst said:

They’ve actually wrestled 4 times and it’s 3-1 Burgett. Won 3-1 in SV at Shamrock Duals

3-2 In TB-1 at Paul Logan Duals

2-1 at Sectionals and then the 1-0 loss at Regionals

Certainly anyone’s match this time around, will be fun to watch if they both take care of business first.

I forgot about the Shamrock Duals. Thanks for setting me straight. 😁

10 minutes ago, KoontzDaddy said:

Wilson at 145. He’s tough! He’s given Koontz all he wants this season. I think it’ll be Wilson and Koontz in the finals… for the fifth time this season.

That's a pretty bold post.

If I'm not mistaken, the biggest upset is going to be your son when he reads this post.

Edited by gsmith58

1 hour ago, gsmith58 said:

That's a pretty bold post.

If I'm not mistaken, the biggest upset is going to be your son when he reads this post.

Lol! He knows what’s up. He also knows that he’d better be prepared for this weekend! Plus Wilson is a good friend. Lots of mutual respect.

21 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

Naselroad and Tilton were the best wrestlers outside of Cathedral coming from Pendleton Heights. I have Naselroad vs. Glithero in the 152 finals. And I think Tilton can beat Hansen at 182. I also have Charlie Euson (EC) winning at 160. 

Critical Regional Finals loses puts CHS's 106 Gavin Bragg (who is wrestling lights out) and Grayson Harvey 195 in peril. I'm thinking the Irish get 8 out. Look for a coming out party for our youngster heavyweights...

22 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

152 will have some crazy matches, Naselroad might give Jones a run for his money. Glithero and Rinehart will be one of the best Semifinal matches of the tournament. Rinehart has big wins and the ranking, but Glithero has been looking like a machine this postseason. Should be a fun one!

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Naselroad and Tilton were the best wrestlers outside of Cathedral coming from Pendleton Heights. I have Naselroad vs. Glithero in the 152 finals. And I think Tilton can beat Hansen at 182. I also have Charlie Euson (EC) winning at 160. 

Critical Regional Finals loses puts CHS's 106 Gavin Bragg (who is wrestling lights out) and Grayson Harvey 195 in peril. I'm thinking the Irish get 8 out. Look for a coming out party for our youngster heavyweights...

Naselroad vs. Glithero is a great prediction, but they both have some serious tough matches they have to get through. Naselroad still has to win ticket round against Tyler Jones who is another great wrestler at 152. As well as Rinehart who will face Glithero in the semis, and Rinehart has got some big wins this season, and it will probably be one of the best matches to watch. Too bad they are on the same side of the bracket and wont meet in the finals.

Tilton is looking on fire so far this year, but Hansen has too. Hes a natural athlete and this will also be a top tier match at New Castle.

3 minutes ago, MerkleKing said:

Naselroad vs. Glithero is a great prediction, but they both have some serious tough matches they have to get through. Naselroad still has to win ticket round against Tyler Jones who is another great wrestler at 152. As well as Rinehart who will face Glithero in the semis, and Rinehart has got some big wins this season, and it will probably be one of the best matches to watch. Too bad they are on the same side of the bracket and wont meet in the finals.

Tilton is looking on fire so far this year, but Hansen has too. Hes a natural athlete and this will also be a top tier match at New Castle.

Tilton has to beat a tough Vince McDonald in the ticket round. McDonald does have a win over Gunner Henry this year too!

1 hour ago, MerkleKing said:

Hansen beat Tilton 12-7 in the first round at New Castle last year. Much can change over the course of a year, but it’s Hansen and then everybody else at 182.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.