MS School State Duals Thoughts

Falcon06

Saw some good duals yesterday.  What were some thoughts on the outcome?

Mine are.....

CP was the clear favorite.  I thought Avon deserved a higher place than they got (5th) but I know that's how the cookie crumbles with the brackets.

Pool A was a crazy bracket - MD, PM, EC and BB.  

EC beat Brownsburg 52-45.  MD beats Perry 52-31.  Perry beats BB 72-25.  Then BB turns around and takes it to the last match vs MD but loses to MD 36-33. PM defeats EC 54-39 in another close one.  That was a wild pool. 4 Solid teams.

I didn't get to watch a lot of the other matches in the other pools, but did see some close ones going on.  CG vs Franklin for 3rd and 4th was wild.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good day of wrestling.  Congrats to all the kids who competed and to CP for winning ANOTHER championship. 

Elementary Runner-ups. Middle School Champs.  IHSWCA Team champs.  Can they bring home another IHSAA individual championship in a couple weeks!?  

Pretty wild.

Edited by Falcon06

We just got to change the seeding format.  I mean its the same thing ever year. Every year and year after and next year and I am sure for all eternity.  Plus teams should be deducted team points for no table help. 🤮

Edited by DCHawks149

2 hours ago, Raven27 said:

I wish they would have a small division Team state in Middle School like they do in Elementary, but I am thinking that Alexandria could have held their own in it this year.

I agree, would love to see something like that for this event. I will definitely attempt to get into it next year for sure. Is there any possibility of that happening as this continues to move forward?

7 hours ago, Falcon06 said:

Saw some good duals yesterday.  What were some thoughts on the outcome?

Mine are.....

CP was the clear favorite.  I thought Avon deserved a higher place than they got (5th) but I know that's how the cookie crumbles with the brackets.

Pool A was a crazy bracket - MD, PM, EC and BB.  

EC beat Brownsburg 52-45.  MD beats Perry 52-31.  Perry beats BB 72-25.  Then BB turns around and takes it to the last match vs MD but loses to MD 36-33. PM defeats EC 54-39 in another close one.  That was a wild pool. 4 Solid teams.

I didn't get to watch a lot of the other matches in the other pools, but did see some close ones going on.  CG vs Franklin for 3rd and 4th was wild.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good day of wrestling.  Congrats to all the kids who competed and to CP for winning ANOTHER championship. 

Elementary Champs.  Middle School Champs.  IHSWCA Team champs.  Can they bring home another IHSAA individual championship in a couple weeks!?  

Pretty wild.

Didn't New Pal win Elementary Duals? I know it was between NP & CP and I was there but forgot who won.

We (whiteland) considered this event this year, we probably would've finished middle of the pack.  We went down to the wire with Perry last week in a dual.  One of the reasons we opted not to compete was most of central indiana wrestles 22 weight classes for middle school and this event only had 17 weights.  

As a team with a majority above average kids, it hurts us when you cut out 5 weights where other teams with hammers can spread their kids out.  Every team that entered is 3a-4a for wrestling except one they should have no issue filling weights.  If the goal is to increase participation and find the best "team" cutting out 5 weight classes makes about zero sense. 

• 3 weeks later...

Crown Point and Avon were the 2 best teams. Crown Point beat Avon by 8 in a very good duel. Crown Point beat the 3rd place team by 70 and the 2nd place team by 38. Avon did have to FF 80 all day. Avon did win all of their other matches. Now to be fare, Brownsburg was missing 5-6 of their best MS kids who went to wrestle somewhere else that weekend. Avon may have only been missing 1? Not sure if Crown Point had all of their top kids? It is a great Tournament, just hard to seed. Crown Point and Avon met each other in the first match.