The Carroll clock is running

Danny Bell1

Christian Carroll of New Prairie High School 220 pound mini Lesnar is someone most, if not all of us have heard of. We have been running what we call the Carroll clock. It had to do with the amount of time he would spend on the mat from his first match at sectionals all the way to the state finals. The second is whether or not he will get all falls throughout the series. The third was whether or not anyone will get to the second period. The over under was 15 minutes. As of right now he has spent a total of 2:06 at sectionals, and 1:18 at regionals for a grand total of 3 minutes and 24 seconds. What are your predictions over/under, all falls or not, and will anyone make it to the third period?

22 minutes ago, Danny Bell1 said:

Christian Carroll of New Prairie High School 220 pound mini Lesnar is someone most, if not all of us have heard of. We have been running what we call the Carroll clock. It had to do with the amount of time he would spend on the mat from his first match at sectionals all the way to the state finals. The second is whether or not he will get all falls throughout the series. The third was whether or not anyone will get to the second period. The over under was 15 minutes. As of right now he has spent a total of 2:06 at sectionals, and 1:18 at regionals for a grand total of 3 minutes and 24 seconds. What are your predictions over/under, all falls or not, and will anyone make it to the third period?

What kind of odds we talking on this?

If I was a betting man, taking the under, all falls, and no.

I believe somebody will get to the 2nd period...however, I'm not convinced he won't pin everybody he wrestles...There are a few 220's who are strong enough to grab a russian and stall for a bit, or just not get pinned to make it to the 2nd...my opinion...i also think he will pin everybody!

3 minutes ago, nkraus said:

I believe somebody will get to the 2nd period...however, I'm not convinced he won't pin everybody he wrestles...There are a few 220's who are strong enough to grab a russian and stall for a bit, or just not get pinned to make it to the 2nd...my opinion...i also think he will pin everybody!

And I think he will wrestle more than 15 minutes...being a former Cougar...I'm okay with being wrong...If/when he wins, I'll be happy either way

Edited by nkraus
typo

Southern Side, or to anyone else who might have thoughts.  Is there someone in the field you think might be capable of pushing Carroll?  Critchfield perhaps?  Honest question and no sarcasm intended at all. 

Living in Ohio, I haven't been able to get back to the West Side to see MD compete, whether at the Holiday Classic or in post-season for the past year or two.  I'm curious as to whether Critchfield is the clear-cut #2 at 220 and just how good he is.  By photos and his IHPO interview clip, his build reminds me of Macartney Parkinson.  It sure sounds like Carroll is on another level though.    

I have only seen the MD 220 wrestle one match this year.  Not saying it’s going to be him or someone else.  I just believe Carroll will have that one match at State that he will be tested.  Looking at the scores from MD’s 220,  it looks like he is very good at riding his opponents from the wind he has with his opponents not scoring.  I don’t believe he will be able to do that against Carroll though.

6 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

If Carroll was healthy/able to compete in his first two years of HS, any projections how he would have done in those state tournaments?

As an eighth grader coming into his freshman year, he bumped up from cadets to Juniors at Freestyle State. He TF and Pinned the High School state champ that would have been at his weight his freshman year. It was freestyle, but I believe had a great chance of winning HS state as a freshman. That wrestler is currently an IU wrestler. However, I am a little bias. 

Interesting storyline this weekend - State #1 Christian Carroll could see State #3 Juan Grange from Penn in the semistate finals

Carroll leaves Penn, transfers to New Prairie and is blocked from competing for 1 year

Grange is a state champ who moves into Penn district and fills the spot vacated by Carroll

Carroll is undefeated on the season

Grange's only loss is to Brownsburg Hwt Leighton Jones at team state

I'm looking forward to the matchup and see whether or not Grange can slow down the Carroll train a bit. I'm guessing that this will be an emotionally charged match that Carroll has been looking forward to for a while. In the end, with two talented young men, I hope it's a great match and some of the drama can be put to rest

18 minutes ago, base said:

Interesting storyline this weekend - State #1 Christian Carroll could see State #3 Juan Grange from Penn in the semistate finals

Carroll leaves Penn, transfers to New Prairie and is blocked from competing for 1 year

Grange is a state champ who moves into Penn district and fills the spot vacated by Carroll

Carroll is undefeated on the season

Grange's only loss is to Brownsburg Hwt Leighton Jones at team state

I'm looking forward to the matchup and see whether or not Grange can slow down the Carroll train a bit. I'm guessing that this will be an emotionally charged match that Carroll has been looking forward to for a while. In the end, with two talented young men, I hope it's a great match and some of the drama can be put to rest

Grange wasn’t a Texas State Champ

5 minutes ago, M109R said:

I keep scratching my head as to why people assume he was a state champ . 

5 minutes ago, M109R said:

Was a Texas State Qualifier at 182 but didn’t win or place 

6 hours ago, M109R said:

Yes, got confused on that.  I know Penn had 2 or 3 wrestlers transfer in last year from other states.  I thought one of them was a state champion, and my failed memory was sure it was Grange

29 minutes ago, base said:

Yes, got confused on that.  I know Penn had 2 or 3 wrestlers transfer in last year from other states.  I thought one of them was a state champion, and my failed memory was sure it was Grange

Vargo was a state champion 

Edited by JORVILLE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.