Winter Weather

awill0352

I was in Indy today and everyone is talking about this major winter storm that is coming in Wednesday/Thursday.   Snow and ice.   What happens if a regional is postponed on a Saturday?   Do they try for Sunday afternoon or Monday night? 

From some prior years they try if at all possible to have it on Saturday even if it’s delayed until late in the afternoon.  

I know in the past there have been a couple cases of schools not letting their team travel, but that event was asked to continue anyway later that day due to the majority of participants being allowed by their school to attend.  After some arguing I believe the IHSAA allowed the highest placement participate to receive a special next round wrestle but it was for the final placement spot which created an unfair situation all around.  So hopeful it doesn’t come to that if at all possible.  

If there is still a city/county safety issue it could be postponed until one of the weeknights.  

But remember it’s Indiana weather, so it could end up being warm and sunny by the end of the week.  

On a side note,  if a school is out due to weather just remember that in itself does not automatically give everyone a 1lb allowance at the event.  The team as to not be able to have an official practice at any time during that day for the allowance to go into effect.  If that’s the case a representative from that school should contact the tournament director explaining the situation and they would need to inform the rest of the schools of an allowance.  So don’t have the wrestlers get all excited if your local country school is out on Friday, because they may still be able to host a perceive by that evening if the school system allows it.  

Edited by MattM

It would be surprising to me if their were any cancelations of any Regionals. Winter Storm Landon, I know named storms right, from what I hear these storms were offended only Hurricanes were being named, should wrap up on Thursday. Hopefully that will be plenty of time to get things cleaned up to permit travel. 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, XCard said:

It would be surprising to me if their were any cancelations of any Regionals. Winter Storm Landon, I know named storms right, from what I hear these storms were offended only Hurricanes were being named, should wrap up on Thursday. Hopefully that will be plenty of time to get things cleaned up to permit travel. 

there* 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Milk Bread GIF

Btw… TheCountyTMZ is reporting that @TeamGarciahas purchased all the bread in central Indiana with his IndianaMat crypto (bananas). We will be selling bread Saturday for 100 bananas a loaf! Hopefully next year we will have enough bananas to corner the milk market.

we cant stop music video GIF by Vevo

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.