Crown Point Sectional. 14 weight classes, 14 champs.

D-train

54 minutes ago, D-train said:

CP gets all 14 in the finals, that was crazy enough. Then they sweep every match. 

I want to know the overall match score break down… I’m sure it would be easy to do but would take time… but I’m guessing CP had less than 50 points scored on them as a team! 😳

1 hour ago, D Summar said:

Crown Point scored 354.5 team points, making it an average of 25.32 points per wrestler

I think he means total points of each individual match. I.e. I beat you 7-1, I had 1 point scored on me.

Edited by greco165
Typo

3 minutes ago, greco165 said:

I think he means total points of each individual match. I.e. I beat you 7-1, I had 1 point scored on me.

Sorry for the poor wording… It would be interesting to know that, can’t imagine with 14 champs they gave up many individual!

1 hour ago, Pg_rated said:

I haven’t researched their regional… Any chance they have 14 regional champs?

Crown Point Regional Predictions

106 Jendreas, Crown Point

113 Jackson, Laporte

120 Demarco, Chesterton 

126 Frazier, Crown Point

132 Bahl, Crown Point

138 Mendez, Crown Point

145 Torres, Chesterton

152 Goin, Crown Point

160 Goodwin, Crown Point

170 White, Crown Point

182 Cruz, Crown Point

195 Clark, Crown Point or Demarco, Chesterton (Clark won the last match and is 2-1 against Demarco this season)

220 Carroll, New Prairie

285 Whitenack, New Prairie

All the regional champs from the Crown Point regional could possibly sweep the East Chicago Semi-State

Edited by D Summar

On 1/29/2022 at 7:43 PM, greco165 said:

This couldn't have happened before, could it? Even in the 4 team Sectional era?

The only potential time(s), since the 8+ team sectionals were implemented, I can think of is Perry Meridian when they were crazy strong.  I recall them having almost everyone in the finals(if not everyone) multiple times.

Pre-2003 with the 4-6 team sectionals I can see it happening a little more often.

This sectional is brutal for smaller programs. Both CP and LC pushed 14 through, leaving the 7 other schools to fight for the scraps. Not complaining. Just wow. Brutal. The Regional gets even tougher. It's quite an accomplishment to make it through the CP Sectional/CP Regional/EC Semistate Gauntlet.

3 hours ago, Matt Time said:

This sectional is brutal for smaller programs. Both CP and LC pushed 14 through, leaving the 7 other schools to fight for the scraps. Not complaining. Just wow. Brutal. The Regional gets even tougher. It's quite an accomplishment to make it through the CP Sectional/CP Regional/EC Semistate Gauntlet.

Not much difference with the East Chicago sectional.  In recent years past, it was dominated by Lake Central.  Now, it has been Merrillville.  I am hopeful that the Hammond consolidations will tighten things up in due time.

I'm not doing the small school complaining thing or begrudging any of the success that CP has experienced. It's taken a tremendous amount of work over the past 20 years. And yes, some of the smaller programs have had a some very strong runs from time to time. Wrestling is still very much alive in NWI and a rising tide lifts all boats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.