B1G Wrestling: On the Mat

20 hours ago, wrestlenewbie said:

At the half way break in the PSU / Mich match there was a promo for this week's episode of B1G Wrestling: On the Mat. It will have a segment on the Lees. Big Ten Network at 6:30 ET on Friday, I believe.

Hopefully they got a chance to interview their parents.  Their father Chris has always been a solid guy since I first began talking to him around the time Nick and Joe were just starting to venture out to area events.  Time has flown by since then.  

Edited by MattM

The entire lineup on either side is stacked. Should be interesting to see what adjustments Eireman (sp?) has made or if Nick Lee still has the answer for "The Riddler". As most of you saw, J.E. looked spent for NCAA finals last year, we'll see how he looks fresh! Let's go Nick Lee!

6 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

The entire lineup on either side is stacked. Should be interesting to see what adjustments Eireman (sp?) has made or if Nick Lee still has the answer for "The Riddler". As most of you saw, J.E. looked spent for NCAA finals last year, we'll see how he looks fresh! Let's go Nick Lee!

You are definitely going to either need a full gas tank or a great plan for slowing the match down to a hault when wrestling Lee.  Nick has shown he has no problem giving up a hard fought takedown or two if it means you are worn down by the 3rd period.  If both end up in the line-up, which I feel may not occur, I'm wondering if Eireman is going to come with something new and save some of his cards for later.  Tactically, if the plan is to try a slightly different game plan it maybe better to save that until a little further down the road.  Cause even if it works for now you m is  Nick and the coaches will have an adjustment for it by the next time around.  

Edited by MattM

Nice dual action tonight. Pennsylvania state is a machine. But I love the Iowa followers. Only Iowa could put on a show of  thousands for an in season match that means very little in the big picture.  This was a win for college wrestling. 

22 hours ago, Disco said:

Nice dual action tonight. Pennsylvania state is a machine. But I love the Iowa followers. Only Iowa could put on a show of  thousands for an in season match that means very little in the big picture.  This was a win for college wrestling. 

Well, only Iowa and Penn St. It's sold out and insane at PSU too for a match like this.

4 hours ago, Cricket21 said:

If I were Eierman, I would be investing in some running shoes. He will need a bigger gas tank to beat Nick. Great match. Can't wait to see them in B1G Tourney and NCAA's if it happens. 

What about Eierman's posture at the start of SV would suggest he is tired?

image.png.b0ad0b76ad27354210c43e663d925afd.png

There was some trash talk after Angel's senior year. Why I have no clue, he never seemed boastful in my opinion but I wonder how many of those people would have been talking if they knew him and his cousins were sleeping in their vehicle's at tournaments. I have trouble getting my kid to do extra work for wrestling sometimes, it frustrates me and he's able to sleep in his own bed, the level of dedication and love for the sport shown by Angel and the rest of his family is truly amazing. 

On 2/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, wrestlenewbie said:

What about Eierman's posture at the start of SV would suggest he is tired?

image.png.b0ad0b76ad27354210c43e663d925afd.png

This what simply my opinion, I just think if you’re going up against Nick Lee, you better have a big gas tank. Always been that way and always will be. Nothing against Eierman as he is a hell of a wrestler, I just think Nick has the advantage over him due to his conditioning.