Seed this

Jstephenson1356

Wrestler 1-(19-2) wins over 2,3,5 no losses to anyone in field pretty clear number 1 (freshman)

Wrestler 2-(15-5) record .75 win percentage has wins over wrestler 4,5

regional qualifier.

Wrestler 3-(19-7 Record) .73 Has win over wrestler 2 loss to wrestler 5

semi-state qualifier

Wrestler 4- (7-3 record) .70 win percentage. Has win over wrestler wrestler 5 and loss to Wrestler 2

semi-state qualifier

Wrestler 5- (10-5 record) .667 win percentage. Has 2 losses to wrestler 4, one loss to wrestler 2 and a win over wrestler 3. (Freshman)

Ill give it a shot. Its been awhile since I was in a seeding meeting.  

seed 1- #1 

Seed 2- Wrestlers 2-5 all have justification so move to next criteria. Without knowing common opponents we will assume it cant be figured out that way, move to next criteria.  No one was a semistate quarterfinalist, move to next criteria.  By record #2 gets it. (assuming these records are without forfeits included). 

Seed 3- Now everyone gets thrown back into the ring and criteria starts over.  Head to head 4 beat 5 and 5 beat 3 so #4 gets it. 

Seed 4.  Start over again. 5 beat 3 so #5 gets it. 

Seed 5.  #3 

This is how I would interpret it. 

Edited by PreparetoWin

17 minutes ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

Wrestler 1-(19-2) wins over 2,3,5 no losses to anyone in field pretty clear number 1 (freshman)

regional qualifier.

semi-state qualifier

Wrestler 4- (7-3 record) .70 win percentage. Has win over wrestler wrestler 5 and loss to Wrestler 2

semi-state qualifier

Wrestler 5- (10-5 record) .667 win percentage. Has 2 losses to wrestler 4, one loss to wrestler 2 and a win over wrestler 3. (Freshman)

good lord...sooo...

wrestler 1 is the 1 seed

the 2 seed is wrestler 2 because he has the most head to head wins in the round robin

the 3 seed is wrestler 4 because everything resets and he beat 5 who beat 3

reset...

4 seed is wrestler 5 because he beat wrestler 3

5 seed is wrestler 3 because thats how it ends...

13 minutes ago, nkraus said:

good lord...sooo...

wrestler 1 is the 1 seed

the 2 seed is wrestler 2 because he has the most head to head wins in the round robin

the 3 seed is wrestler 4 because everything resets and he beat 5 who beat 3

reset...

4 seed is wrestler 5 because he beat wrestler 3

5 seed is wrestler 3 because thats how it ends...

So I’ll throw another wrench in. 
wrestler 6 is also included and has the lowest win percentage but has a win and a loss to wrestler 5 with wrestler 5 having the latest win but wrestler 3 has a win over wrestler 6. Does that change the record against common opponents criteria?

Edited by Jstephenson1356

31 minutes ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

So I’ll throw another wrench in. 
wrestler 6 is also included and has the lowest win percentage but has a win and a loss to wrestler 5 with wrestler 5 having the latest win but wrestler 3 has a win over wrestler 6. Does that change the record against common opponents criteria?

Yes it comes into play.  

Seed Number 4 - 3,5 and 6 all have justification head to head.  So you go to common opponents and 3 has wins over 2 and 6. 5 lost to 2 and 6.  So Seed goes to #3 now.  

Seed Number 5- 5 has latest head to head win over 6 so #5 gets it. 

Seed Number 6- 6 Gets it

So the seeding now is 1, 2, 4, 3, 5, 6

Realistically it doesnt make a difference because 3 and 5 are the #4 and #5 seeds no matter which way it goes.  

7 hours ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

regional qualifier.

semi-state qualifier

semi-state qualifier

I suspect this is a bunch of 106s. If so, should be an interesting sectional at that weight.

26 minutes ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

The numbers I posted were the records that were entered by the coaches that are supposed to be without forfeits… i still wonder how a kid can go to conference this past Saturday with a 5-2 record and have two forfeits to the finals then win in the finals but some how gain 2 wins and a loss going into seeding if forfeits aren’t counted.

The record reported is supposed to include forfeits... you then take the forfeits out when the criteria of winning percentage comes to play. Whats posted on the bracket is supposed to be your official record.

1 minute ago, bbulldog152 said:

The record reported is supposed to include forfeits... you then take the forfeits out when the criteria of winning percentage comes to play. Whats posted on the bracket is supposed to be your official record.

we were told before the seeding meeting that we had to remove forfeits when entering them on track. We then added the forfeits back in after the seeding was complete.

16 minutes ago, jetwrestling said:

Wrestler 1- most head to heads and no losses to the group

then criteria resets

Wrestler 2- most head to head wins

criteria resets

Wrestler 4- beat 5 who beat 3

Wrestler 5- beat 3

Wrestler 3 

this is ultimately how it ended up being seeded. wild though a kid who's been in semi-state rankings all year long takes one bad loss after losing in triple OT to the kid who's the 1 seed and ends up as the 5 seed. Obviously the criteria was followed and this was seeded correctly just a little crazy to think about. We have to wrestle these kids regardless but this weight was a wild one and should be very fun to watch as everyone in this weight is a solid wrestler and is going to go out and compete.

1 minute ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

this is ultimately how it ended up being seeded. wild though a kid who's been in semi-state rankings all year long takes one bad loss after losing in triple OT to the kid who's the 1 seed and ends up as the 5 seed. Obviously the criteria was followed and this was seeded correctly just a little crazy to think about. We have to wrestle these kids regardless but this weight was a wild one and should be very fun to watch as everyone in this weight is a solid wrestler and is going to go out and compete.

we had a similar situation with 5 kids involved

all had a head to head win over someone in the bracket 

1 over 2 

2 over 3

3 over 4

4 over 5

5 over 1

the 5 seed had beat the 1 seed

it went to win percentage for the first seed

then criteria reset and it went by head to head wins down the line. 

2 hours ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

The numbers I posted were the records that were entered by the coaches that are supposed to be without forfeits… i still wonder how a kid can go to conference this past Saturday with a 5-2 record and have two forfeits to the finals then win in the finals but some how gain 2 wins and a loss going into seeding if forfeits aren’t counted.

If this was known during the seeding meeting, then it should have been brought up then.  Honest mistakes can happen at times which is why coaches are suppose to communicate and ask questions during the seeding meeting.

I did not have a dog in this fight, but that weight class took over 20 minutes to seed, and if someone would have pointed out the error it could have saved a lot of time.

The weight class will still be one of the best to watch Saturday no matter how the seeds change!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, AJ said:
2 hours ago, Jstephenson1356 said:

If this was known during the seeding meeting, then it should have been brought up then.  Honest mistakes can happen at times which is why coaches are suppose to communicate and ask questions during the seeding meeting.

I did not have a dog in this fight, but that weight class took over 20 minutes to seed, and if someone would have pointed out the error it could have saved a lot of time.

The weight class will still be one of the best to watch Saturday no matter how the seeds change!!!!!!!!

I completely agree.  I didn’t say that with the intent that I believe there was any wrongdoing whatsoever on the part of any of the coaching staff. I know that coaching staff as most of us in the area do and I know they would not do something like that to gain a competitive advantage. I have also talked with that coaching staff which they were kind enough to call and offer an explanation which I wasn’t really owed at all. I actually deleted my original post but it still shows because it was quoted. I deleted it because I felt it painted a bad light on an amazing coaching staff that I look up to and respect. I apologize to them if it came across as me implying there was wrongdoing because that was not my intent. Ultimately I don’t think it would have mattered anyways because of the head to head criteria. I am very excited to watch this weight and all the weights this weekend and I wish you all the best of luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.