Results and upsets 1-22-2022

1prouddad

On 1/22/2022 at 7:41 PM, 12andcounting said:

How about Evansville North finishing second in the SIAC? 

Very impressed with the North kids.  All of them are scrappers; the coaching staff brings a lot of intensity.

North has 2000 students.  You have to beleive that with a good feeder program and stability at the hs coaching level, they can produce a very good team.

8 hours ago, hook and half said:

Very impressed with the North kids.  All of them are scrappers; the coaching staff brings a lot of intensity.

North has 2000 students.  You have to beleive that with a good feeder program and stability at the hs coaching level, they can produce a very good team.

I have noticed that North is doing a very good job with organizing their youth sports, my kid plays every sport he can and if you run across a North squad they have usually played together for a while, same goes for wrestling. Not to say other area schools don't do the same thing but I feel there was a period of time where we didn't see that out of North. It's been a long time since I was in high school and North was never a viable wrestling program... They are now, it will be interesting to see if they can continue this success.

6 hours ago, Blumafia said:

Purdy will as well, no doubt!!

I’ve always wondered why people say one kid will get better and don’t say anything about the other.   I’m sure they will both get better.  
The Purdy-Sollars match was very weird.    Sollars yelled in pain with his knee in the first and they stopped the match.  Then one of the weirder scoring disputes I have seen (in my short time as a wrestling fan). They gave Sollars 2 for a takedown when Purdy had a solid body lock on him.   Castle disputed it, the refs took the 2 away, then a very long ref/scoring table meeting, and they gave the 2 back.   Momentum completely stopped for both sides.   Not saying it would have changed things but the whole match just felt weird.  Nothing at all like the first match they wrestled this year.  

4 hours ago, awill0352 said:

I’ve always wondered why people say one kid will get better and don’t say anything about the other.   I’m sure they will both get better.  
The Purdy-Sollars match was very weird.    Sollars yelled in pain with his knee in the first and they stopped the match.  Then one of the weirder scoring disputes I have seen (in my short time as a wrestling fan). They gave Sollars 2 for a takedown when Purdy had a solid body lock on him.   Castle disputed it, the refs took the 2 away, then a very long ref/scoring table meeting, and they gave the 2 back.   Momentum completely stopped for both sides.   Not saying it would have changed things but the whole match just felt weird.  Nothing at all like the first match they wrestled this year.  

They gave Sollars two for back points and two to Purdy for the reversal. They did not take away/restore points.

However, i thought the dispute time was unduly long.  It was simply verifying the score.  It really interrupted the flow of the match.

2 hours ago, hook and half said:

They gave Sollars two for back points and two to Purdy for the reversal. They did not take away/restore points.

However, i thought the dispute time was unduly long.  It was simply verifying the score.  It really interrupted the flow of the match.

I should clarify.    Castle disputed a call.  The 2 refs consulted and took 2 of Sollars’ points off the scoreboard.  MD disputed.  The head ref went to the score table for 3-4 minutes and they put 2 points back on the scoreboard for Sollars.   Not saying this changed the outcome but it killed the entire match momentum. Weird. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.