ACAC

purdue02

I’m excited to hear some thoughts! I think AC could win it but jay county looks to always be the favorite.. My predictions…

Jay co

Adams central

South Adams

Was anyone else surprised to see Ethan Reiley at 132…? Thought he would push to be a state qualifier at 120, 132 is fairly loaded!

57 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

I’m excited to hear some thoughts! I think AC could win it but jay county looks to always be the favorite.. My predictions…

Jay co

Adams central

South Adams

Was anyone else surprised to see Ethan Reiley at 132…? Thought he would push to be a state qualifier at 120, 132 is fairly loaded!

At 120 he wasn't beating Ruble. That put him with a 2/3 chance of hitting Hayden Brady or Jared Brooks.

57 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

At 120 he wasn't beating Ruble. That put him with a 2/3 chance of hitting Hayden Brady or Jared Brooks.

I see what you’re saying, that sectional is THICK in tough competitors from 120-138… Just though 132 pulls some big hammers like Stroud, Houser, and the impressive freshman Hagewood. Gotta love post season moves but like they say, “You want to be a qualifier than you’re going to have to beat someone tough”.

5 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Problem is, he’s small for 132 going into a very tough weight. He’s risking a death draw in the ticket and trading it in for possibly not getting out of regional. I’m guessing there’s more to it than that. 

I can see AC making a good push against Jay County, but I think Jay takes it easily.

Reiley, man, that's tough.  I'm guessing he's too big for 120 and can't beat Wood out at 126.  Faurote man handled him at Team State at 132.  That's 2 years in a row Reiley has been in a tough spot come Sectional/Regional.

Predictions after a few sips of ol' Grand Dad.....

106 Levi doesn't break a sweat...probably won't until Regional or SS

113 Rowles with ease

120 Taye Curtis

126 Wood over Cook in a good one

132 Berstch over Uhlman 

138 Loshe over Clark (this could go either way and will be a preview of the next few weeks in a loaded class)

145 McAfee over Gage (I think he gets Wanner this time)

152 Currie over Dull...rinse repeat through Regional

160 Funk over Myers (although Apps is a solid bodied kid and could be in the finals)

170 Kahn over Summersett...over flip this

182 Currie over Wenk

195 Bluhm over Farmer

220 Heyerly doesn't break a sweat

285 Cruz has impressed me for only being a sophmore.  Athletic big man.

1 hour ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

I can see AC making a good push against Jay County, but I think Jay takes it easily.

Reiley, man, that's tough.  I'm guessing he's too big for 120 and can't beat Wood out at 126.  Faurote man handled him at Team State at 132.  That's 2 years in a row Reiley has been in a tough spot come Sectional/Regional.

Predictions after a few sips of ol' Grand Dad.....

106 Levi doesn't break a sweat...probably won't until Regional or SS

113 Rowles with ease

120 Taye Curtis

126 Wood over Cook in a good one

132 Berstch over Uhlman 

138 Loshe over Clark (this could go either way and will be a preview of the next few weeks in a loaded class)

145 McAfee over Gage (I think he gets Wanner this time)

152 Currie over Dull...rinse repeat through Regional

160 Funk over Myers (although Apps is a solid bodied kid and could be in the finals)

170 Kahn over Summersett...over flip this

182 Currie over Wenk

195 Bluhm over Farmer

220 Heyerly doesn't break a sweat

285 Cruz has impressed me for only being a sophmore.  Athletic big man.

Did the sips block out the Bellmont part of your memory...

Correction: I was reading some of the sectional commentary and forgot this was an ACAC post...thought we were talking about sectional...and I haven't even had any sips yet.

Edited by Silence Dogood

Random question for fellow ACAC fans. How did you follow the tournament if you weren't in person?

I listened to the radio and am just conditioned to how it will go. My wife isn't and was not impressed and confused. No Bellmont isn't in the ACAC I confirmed for her. Her comments (not mine): "Webcast is so much easier to understand, even when I'm not in front of the tv."

15 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Random question for fellow ACAC fans. How did you follow the tournament if you weren't in person?

I listened to the radio and am just conditioned to how it will go. My wife isn't and was not impressed and confused. No Bellmont isn't in the ACAC I confirmed for her. Her comments (not mine): "Webcast is so much easier to understand, even when I'm not in front of the tv."

I watched a good portion of the finals via the Berne Witness webcast. It had all 3 mats on the screen at the same time but the commentary was primarily focused on the championship mat. Former Adams Central wrestler and coach, Denny Schwartz, is great to listen to.

22 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Has any consideration ever been given to renaming the Allen County Athletic Conference? There are 4 counties represented and only 2/7 schools are in Allen County...

I hope not, ACAC just rolls off the tongue. 

The first ACAC Wrestling tournament was held in 1972. The competing schools at that time were Adams Central, Carroll, Homestead, Norwell and Woodland. Heritage and Leo started wrestling later along with Southern Wells. Current members Bluffton and South Adams were in a different conference while Jay County had not consolidated. There was also a period of time that Churubusco and Eastside competed in ACAC wrestling 

32 minutes ago, Coach Humble said:

The first ACAC Wrestling tournament was held in 1972. The competing schools at that time were Adams Central, Carroll, Homestead, Norwell and Woodland. Heritage and Leo started wrestling later along with Southern Wells. Current members Bluffton and South Adams were in a different conference while Jay County had not consolidated. There was also a period of time that Churubusco and Eastside competed in ACAC wrestling 

and Garrett

On 1/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, Silence Dogood said:

Did the sips block out the Bellmont part of your memory...

Correction: I was reading some of the sectional commentary and forgot this was an ACAC post...thought we were talking about sectional...and I

haven't even had any sips yet.

Oh don't worry, the Sectional predictions will be loaded with Bellmont names.

14 hours ago, nkraus said:

and Garrett

I apologize Mr Kraus as I was away from the ACAC during Garrett’s tenure but I still have. Small connection to Garrett as I had the privilege to coach Lucas Fielden at New Haven and we all know what great joy he brought to Garrett 

9 hours ago, Coach Humble said:

I apologize Mr Kraus as I was away from the ACAC during Garrett’s tenure but I still have. Small connection to Garrett as I had the privilege to coach Lucas Fielden at New Haven and we all know what great joy he brought to Garrett 

No problems!  Was just adding to what the ACAC was/is

On 1/22/2022 at 10:05 PM, Coach Humble said:

Woodlan not woodland

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.