Roncalli @ Cathedral, 1/19/2022

Indysportsfan

Should be a great event on Wednesday.  Looking back at the lineups for Cathedral (Dual & Tournament), they have a tendency to move kids around more often.  The Royals have been extremely consistent, so I am comfortable predicting their lineup with a degree of accuracy.  With that said, in this dual, each team could/may adjust a few weights depending on who reports first to the table.

Projected lineup with State Ranking and Semi-State Ranking:

106: Matthew Rossman (NR, NR) vs Gavin Bragg (#21, #4)- Irish

113: William May (NR, NR) vs Evan Dickey (#2, #1)- Irish

120: Alex Plahitko (NR, NR) vs Aden Reyes (#11, #4)- Irish

126: Patrick McGinley (NR, NR) vs Josh Johnson (#12, #4)- Irish

132: Drew Willis (#20, #6) vs Zeke Seltzer (#1, #1)- Irish

138: Bryce Lowery (#3, #1) vs Luke Gonzalez (#12, #3)- Royals

145: Zach Wilson (#8, #8) vs Dillon Graham (#9, #5)- Royals

152: Kody Glithero (#5, #1) vs Max McGinley (NR, NR)- Royals

160: Andrew Stuck (#19, #4) vs Gabe Bragg (NR, NR)- Royals

170: James Dozier (NR, NR) vs JJ Braun (#14, #2)- Irish

182: Sam Hansen (#10, #3) vs Jake Hosbrook (NR, NR)- Royals

195: Sam Peeples (#16, #2) vs Grayson Harvey (#25, #6)- Royals

220: Justin Lewis (NR, #4) vs Jackson Weingart (NR, NR)- Royals

285: Luke Swartz (NR, NR) vs Hosia Smith (#12, NR)- Irish

I see the 14 matches being split, 7-7.  Bonus points are always the key to any close dual, and this will be no different.  I will be in attendance and pulling for Roncalli, but more than anything I want to see good sportsmanship and everyone going home healthy. 

5 hours ago, FC118 said:

I hope that it is that close.  I pretty much agree with your predictions but I see the Irish piling up lots of bonus points and I also predict an Irish victory at 160.  

You believe Stuck will lose to Bragg, McGinley, or Edwards?  I don’t see that one at all.

I have the Irish as 5-6 point favorites, but Roncalli can definitely pull the upset.

Edited by Indysportsfan

*Sam Hansen is long gone, and won't be wrestling at 182.  His baby brother Luke will be at 182 on Wednesday night:-)

Just a quick update on Sam, the 2018 state runner-up at 195.  He is in his final year of seminary at Bishop Brute' here in Indianapolis.  He is studying to be a priest in the Catholic church and is completely happy. He'll be spending time and Creighton University this summer and traveling to the Holy Land in May.  When he returns he'll spend the next four years in formation at St. Meinrad Seminary in Southern Indiana.  

The sacrifices he made in wrestling were always opportunities to grow closer to God, and I guarantee the homilies that he gives will be filled with stories about growing in his relationship with God through the life-changing sport of wrestling. 

Please keep Sam in your prayers as he journeys towards ordination! 

Edited by TrojanWrestling

14 minutes ago, TrojanWrestling said:

*Sam Hansen is long gone, and won't be wrestling at 182.  His baby brother Luke will be at 182 on Wednesday night:-)

Just a quick update on Sam, the 2018 state runner-up at 195.  He is in his final year of seminary at Bishop Brute' here in Indianapolis.  He is studying to be a priest in the Catholic church and is completely happy. He'll be spending time and Creighton University this summer and traveling to the Holy Land in May.  When he returns he'll spend the next four years in formation at St. Meinrad Seminary in Southern Indiana.  

The sacrifices he made in wrestling were always opportunities to grow closer to God, and I guarantee the homilies that he gives will be filled with stories about growing in his relationship with God through the life-changing sport of wrestling. 

Please keep Sam in your prayers as he journeys towards ordination! 

Luke is also a hammer, my apology on the wrong name!

14 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

You believe Stuck will lose to Bragg, McGinley, or Edwards?  I don’t see that one at all.

I have the Irish as 5-6 point favorites, but Roncalli can definitely pull the upset.

I believe that Stuck will lose to Bragg.  If it is McGinley or Edwards, then Stuck should win.  You never know which Stuck will show up.

Roncalli vs Cathedral

106 - Cathedral - MD 0-4

113 - Cathedral - Fall 0-10

120 - Cathedral - DEC 0-13

126 - Cathedral - MD 0-17

132 - Cathedral - TF 0-22

138 - Roncalli - MD 4-22

145 - Roncalli - DEC 7-22

152 - Roncalli - Fall 13-22

160 - Roncalli - DEC 16-22

170 - Cathedral - Fall 16-28

182 - Roncalli - DEC 22-28

195 - Roncalli - DEC 25-28

220 - Roncalli - Fall 31-28

285 - Cathedral - DEC 31-31

Both teams matchup very well against each other, and its going to come down to the wire. Key things to both teams are getting falls where they are needed and not giving up bonus points. Should be one hell of a dual under the spotlight at Cathedral.

However Cathedral definitely could move their lineup around and make some changes to try and take an edge on Roncalli.

Edited by MerkleKing

43 minutes ago, FC118 said:

I believe that Stuck will lose to Bragg.  If it is McGinley or Edwards, then Stuck should win.  You never know which Stuck will show up.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't know that Stuck beats Bragg. I think he would handle McGinley but not sure what the margin might be. I how much better is Bragg than McGinley? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.