MSU at Indiana

While I don’t think Indiana has a chance in hell of keeping it close, there is a matchup or two that could have some significance for conference and national seeding. Washington/ Malczewski and Foley/Hudkins matches if they take place. 
This is Indianas first home Big Ten match this season. Hope they have a big turnout. 3:30 today. 

Just hoping some of the individual match scores are a little bit close than what we saw with Rutgers.  While the team score may not be in their favors I would like to see them some of that battle back that they showed glimpses of over the last couple years. 

Indiana just isn’t attracting the talent to the program. Someone needs to get it done. And obviously it not going to be Angel. He’s kind of shown his cards already. Garcia seems to think it’s a practice facility problem that would cure Indiana’s short coming. That has definitely got a lot of credibility .but I’m thinking a people man,promoter can overcome this issue. Angel needs to hire such assistant or step aside and hope a man with this in his tool box steps forward to take the reigns. 

17-15 Spartans get the win.

IU needed one more close match win and couldn’t pull it off.   Put up a fight at a few weights, but the close out points were not there in the 3rd at a few contested weights.  

Edited by MattM

There is just a huge gap between the elite Indiana HS talent (Lee's, parris, red, mendez, micic) and our other state champs.  Our very top guys are leaving the state, and that's a problem.  IU is getting our other state champs, but they don't seem to be developing them.  I saw several IU kids struggle mightily on bottom yesterday and not a ton of offense in neutral.  Hudkins and Washington are the only real AA contenders.  Rooks brothers could sneak in there, but they are at really deep weights.  Hudkins is too.  This is not a slight at the kids on the team.  It's just that IU has a looong way to go to climb out from the bottom of the big 10.  I think it is legit to question if the current staff is the right staff to do it.

6 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

There is just a huge gap between the elite Indiana HS talent (Lee's, parris, red, mendez, micic) and our other state champs.  Our very top guys are leaving the state, and that's a problem.  IU is getting our other state champs, but they don't seem to be developing them.  I saw several IU kids struggle mightily on bottom yesterday and not a ton of offense in neutral.  Hudkins and Washington are the only real AA contenders.  Rooks brothers could sneak in there, but they are at really deep weights.  Hudkins is too.  This is not a slight at the kids on the team.  It's just that IU has a looong way to go to climb out from the bottom of the big 10.  I think it is legit to question if the current staff is the right staff to do it.

I think Silas Allred may be at that level when he breaks into the lineup.  Lucas Davison is not far off that top level.  No disrespect is intended to the kids at IU.  To be at that level you have to be good.  But the Big Ten is full of multiple time state champs everywhere.  To rise to the top half of the B1G, in-state schools will need to gain the elite or develop them into elite wrestlers.  The results at this point, don't show that overall.  

15 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I think Silas Allred may be at that level when he breaks into the lineup.  Lucas Davison is not far off that top level.  No disrespect is intended to the kids at IU.  To be at that level you have to be good.  But the Big Ten is full of multiple time state champs everywhere.  To rise to the top half of the B1G, in-state schools will need to gain the elite or develop them into elite wrestlers.  The results at this point, don't show that overall.  

Thus my point. The men on the team are getting after it, as I stated watching the Michigan State dual Monday. This falls on the coaches, staff and anybody else ,that is the management of the program ,to get it to another level or two. I’ve expressed what ,In my opinion , is lacking to get to another level. What do you think needs to be done to get to the next level as a team?

To say I’m happy with the spot my son is in would be a lie but to say his lack of ANY offense is entirely on the coaching staff would be unfair. He came into college ranked 17th by flo with some respectable success. His complete downward spiral is a combination of things. Definitely at the wrong weight , issues with anxiety and of course what all athletes are dealing with fing Covid breaking up training. I apologize for taking it personal. I’m getting a little soft in my old age. 

5 minutes ago, Easytofind said:

To say I’m happy with the spot my son is in would be a lie but to say his lack of ANY offense is entirely on the coaching staff would be unfair. He came into college ranked 17th by flo with some respectable success. His complete downward spiral is a combination of things. Definitely at the wrong weight , issues with anxiety and of course what all athletes are dealing with fing Covid breaking up training. I apologize for taking it personal. I’m getting a little soft in my old age. 

season 2 lol GIF by #Impastor 
If it ain’t my good friend Troy “Hulkamania”South ! Wasup and welcome to the dark side of the poster board . Bout freaking time we get some real deal Hoosier parents on here.  Keep speaking from your heart buddy. These posters got sumin to say bout it, The Notorious TeamGarcia has your back ! 4-Life 

10 hours ago, Easytofind said:

No reason to apologize at all.  It's good to get a perspective from the inside.  Those of us from the outside don't get to see the details of what happens daily and its easy to pass blame.  Personally, aside from occasional speculation, I prefer to speak less in absolutes and not place blame.    Sometimes those really close can't see the big picture and those of us on the outside don't see things the same.  But I do think it's great getting perspectives from both sides.

Allow me to add, and I hope I can speak for everyone here, that all wrestlers at the D1 level are good, very good.  When good vs. bad is discussed on a message board that generally means Elite vs. Great vs. Very Good.  I think it's important for family members to hear that because seeing anything said about their son or teammates may not be interpreted that way.  Mostly because it's not said in that manner.  Yet we all know these guys are very good.  We just want them to be better for many reasons, mostly our own selfish ones.

As far as Nick goes, I really hope he finds the spot that will allow him to be his best.  After not seeing him wrestle recently, before the MSU match, I wondered what his status was.  I know athletes go through a lot and college provides distractions too.  Man, I know in college, many times I was worried more about going out at night than a doubleheader on tap the next day.   Wrestling is why we're all here.  But regardless of how any of these guys do on the mat, the most important thing is them growing into responsible young men.  Feel free to stop by anytime to share the good, the bad or the ugly.  Your input is appreciated.

Edited by SWINfan