#scrapthequalifiers

The idea of these qualifiers would be that each weight class qualifies 12 wrestlers making even 36 man brackets at state. Here’s the issue. There are some weight classes each year at state that have very low numbers. It cancels out when some of the more common weights have over 36 wrestlers. But what these qualifiers are going to do is severely lower the attendance at middle school state. The numbers currently signed up at each qualifier is laughable. When will we pull our heads out of our butts and just cancel these qualifiers and open middle school state up to everyone. 

4D2EC683-3B83-43DE-B47C-652DB0F53DCB.png

2C2D2940-C274-4819-BA24-80E176969215.png

7197FE9E-C315-4E97-A501-5F8CED228D5C.png

On 1/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

Must be your first tournament.

No one registers for wrestling tournaments until 24 hours before the deadline and most within the last 2 hours.

Far from my first tournament. 

you think we were gonna see 600+ kids register across those 3 events in the last 48 hours? 

solid try though 😎

12 hours ago, Indianawrestler145 said:

Far from my first tournament. 

you think we were gonna see 600+ kids register across those 3 events in the last 48 hours? 

solid try though 😎

600+ no, but numbers double at least within 48 hours of the deadline. 

There are only a handful of tournaments where you can judge the numbers more than a week in advance.

Even if numbers would have double in 48 hours, you would have nothing close to what the event was last time it was hosted at CG over 800 total kids out by 5pm that’s magic 😂. With the imbalance of the weights at each qualifier my estimated number of total participants was somewhere in the ballpark of 400 total wrestlers to qualify for state. 

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

22 hours ago, Indianawrestler145 said:

Even if numbers would have double in 48 hours, you would have nothing close to what the event was last time it was hosted at CG over 800 total kids out by 5pm that’s magic 😂. With the imbalance of the weights at each qualifier my estimated number of total participants was somewhere in the ballpark of 400 total wrestlers to qualify for state. 

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

634 + 51 girls doesn't equal 800.