Crown Point vs. Chicago Mt. Carmel!!!

busstogate

32 minutes ago, Cosgrove said:

Alot of Indiana guys going against indiana guys.  But yes boersma is tall he was solid when he was wrestling at providence catholic. 

In almost all cases I will be rooting for the Indiana guy. All but 5 of these wrestlers, on both teams, practiced together in the RWA room this whole summer. I’ve witnessed a lot of these matches already, on multiple occasions, this passed summer. That being said, sometimes  kids compete with a different intensity than they practice with. The coaching staff on both teams are very familiar with the other teams wrestlers. It will interesting to see what adjustments the coaches will make. This will be a great meet. 

I’m looking forward to 126 -160 match ups. Don’t know much about MTC 160 - but he is ranked 2nd in Illinois. I think Goodwin is a total stud. I look for him to open some eyes up friday night. 

Go Dogs ! 

FYI about 50 % of the people moving to da region are FIBs. Bring your wraslin not your taxes !

1 hour ago, regionrat1 said:

I’m looking forward to 126 -160 match ups. Don’t know much about MTC 160 - but he is ranked 2nd in Illinois. I think Goodwin is a total stud. I look for him to open some eyes up friday night. 

Go Dogs ! 

FYI about 50 % of the people moving to da region are FIBs. Bring your wraslin not your taxes !

Sorry, not from the Region myself...

FIBs?

Freakin' Idiots, Bros

Fleeing Illinois Bullies

On 1/17/2022 at 12:01 AM, 4U2NV said:

7811F75A-B8F8-4351-97A6-7A942960D4BE.thumb.jpeg.3c3830c26cdadcffe1ff59f4b9e81648.jpegThis is how I see it going down on Friday. It will be a great meet.  132 and 170 will be critical matches 

106 MC by maj MC 4 CP 0
113 MC by dec MC 7 CP 0
120 MC by dec MC 10 CP 0
125 MC by dec MC 13 CP 0
132 MC by dec MC 16 CP 0
138 CP by fall MC 16 CP 6
145 CP by dec MC 16 CP 9
152 CP by fall MC 16 CP 14
160 MC by dec MC 19 CP 14
170 MC by dec MC 21 CP 14
182 CP by Maj MC 21 CP 18
195 MC by dec MC 24 CP1 8
220 CP by dec MC 24 CP 21
285 MC by fall MC 30 CP 21

Anyone know what the sources are for the National Rankings here? I assume the state ones are based on IndianaMat/Illinois Matmen but unsure of the others. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, TakeTheShot said:

Sorry, not from the Region myself...

FIBs?

Freakin' Idiots, Bros

Fleeing Illinois Bullies

Usually our northern cheesedomes cry this when Illinois is whipping them in something.  Let's say it is a term that uses the "F" word to rename procreation in the present tense, the name of my state, and then the moniker given to a person created by the action of the first word, but with one or two unknown participants.

Just now, Y2CJ41 said:

Yes still jv

Thanks, Joe.  Just got on.  Video is perfect, and audio is crisp.  Commentary previews are very pleasant and helpful.  Thanks, gents.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

Still JV right now, but using wrong names?

36 minutes ago, navy80 said:

CP wins 31-29 (should have been 33-29 I think but CP lost two team points). Good dual.

I am surprised Sergio won 10-2. I thought Frazier could have pulled the upset.

What happens during 160 match? Two CP coaches get kicked out? 

Illegal Slam called on would be reversal but escape given instead. 7-7 but Bonus points the difference. Congrats to both teams for a great dual. 

I'm a Huge CP fan.  I have been telling people for a few years that this team was going to be special.  And that they are.   One of the best ever in Indiana history.  With that said I feel the need to voice my opinion/concerns with the conduct of their coaches.  Now I know they were in Illinois and with that comes home cooking for Mt. Carmel. And I wasn't there to see and hear what actually happened.  But come on three points taken away and two coaches ejected.  No excuses for that.  Maybe  I'm wrong here but let's act like you been there before.  Forgive me for questioning the actions of CP's coaches but I think we need to hear something about why one of the greatest teams ever assembled in IHSAA history had three points taken away.

40 minutes ago, VisionQuest87 said:

I'm a Huge CP fan.  I have been telling people for a few years that this team was going to be special.  And that they are.   One of the best ever in Indiana history.  With that said I feel the need to voice my opinion/concerns with the conduct of their coaches.  Now I know they were in Illinois and with that comes home cooking for Mt. Carmel. And I wasn't there to see and hear what actually happened.  But come on three points taken away and two coaches ejected.  No excuses for that.  Maybe  I'm wrong here but let's act like you been there before.  Forgive me for questioning the actions of CP's coaches but I think we need to hear something about why one of the greatest teams ever assembled in IHSAA history had three points taken away.

Fans were ejected. No coaches were ejected, 2 of the 3 bonus points were fans I believe 

it was an amazing atmosphere for a dual honestly probably the best I have been around. The MC student section was loud from the first JV match through to the end.  

thank you MC and CP for putting this event on hopefully CP can bring the atmosphere next year. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.