Injured wrestler and his family need help

MackG

I got this message from a friend at HSE. I thought it was only right to pass it along here:

To all my Wrestling Peeps, friends, and family.   Please come out Wednesday, January 19th to help our fellow wrestler and family!

HARRISON RICH NIGHT
Wednesday, January 19th, 2022
Hamilton Southeastern vs Carmel
JV/Varsity Wrestling

On Saturday, December 4th at the Perry Meridian JV Duals, Hamilton Southeastern sophomore wrestler Harrison Rich suffered a severe C5 and C6 spinal cord injury.  Harrison is currently at Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis and is waiting to be transferred to Chicago to continue his rehabilitation at the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab.  

In speaking with the family, Harrison continues to stay positive and is looking forward to attacking his rehabilitation.  Those of you that have met Harrison know he is very
“Proud to be a Hamilton Southeastern Royal.”

On the 19th, we ask for your support to help the Rich Family, cash donations will be accepted, along with one time donation to the Royals Varsity Club in care of Harrison Rich.  Our wrestling program will be purchasing gift cards for the family to help offset costs as they travel back and forth to Chicago to be with Harrison during his time at the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab.

At this time our JV wrestlers will be going through the stands with Riley Children’s buckets, your donations are greatly appreciated.

Please keep Harrison and his family in your thoughts and prayers as he works through his rehabilitation.

If you have questions on how you can help, please contact the athletic office at 317-594-4196.

Thank you “For Taking Pride in our Royals”.

Most have prior commitments this time of year, so I inquired with the school to see if there was another way to donate and was told you can send checks to HSE Athletics. They said:

“The check should  be written to Royals Varsity Club, memo section Harrison Rich.”

Thank you for posting!

Harrison is about the hardest working kid you could meet. Works his butt off, great teammate, wonderful kid.

His family is is very supportive of all wrestling and the community and would greatly appreciate the support.

we’d love for you all to come to the HSE-Carmel dual if possible and show your support.

Thanks again!

Just wanted to thank this community on behalf of the Rich family. The generosity you all have shown between the go-fund-me and our event last night is overwhelming. 

A special shout out to the Carmel Wrestling family for coming out in full force last night and supporting the sport and Harrison. Your kindness does not go unnoticed. 

Thank you all again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.