Team Rankings: East Chicago Semi-State #5 Power Poll

Y2CJ41

Just wondering about Merrillville.  I know these are based on ranked wrestlers and there is some formula that is followed.  However,  Merrillville has beaten 5 of these top 10 teams (Hobart, Valpo, Chesterton, Portage, and Lake Central).  Their only dual loss all season has been to Crown Point.   

29 minutes ago, VisionQuest87 said:

Just wondering about Merrillville.  I know these are based on ranked wrestlers and there is some formula that is followed.  However,  Merrillville has beaten 5 of these top 10 teams (Hobart, Valpo, Chesterton, Portage, and Lake Central).  Their only dual loss all season has been to Crown Point.   

These aren't dual rankings.

21 hours ago, NiRiv11 said:

Merrillville has always wrestled well in the late part of the season and is consistently the surprise underdog. They continue to win Sectionals and Regionals, year after year.

Just a thought....

I agree Coach Maldonado and staff do an amazing job. Just based on the rankings their wrestlers are right outside of the wrestlers ranked ahead of them 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, VisionQuest87 said:

It's a tournament ranking. Some teams are much better tournament teams than dual teams. You know it takes into account it not being 1v1 and who projects to get the most placements and those places.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.