Frosh/Soph State Info?

QuinnHarris

22 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

Where can I find info for the qualifiers? Is Indy Nationals still a central qualifier? What weekend is the actual Frosh/Soph State tournament?

Thanks!

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/uploads/O-617522132-Indiana_Frosh_Soph_State_2021.pdf

Here is the flyer from last year, There is no flyer on Trackwrestling, but the qualifiers are on 2/13/22. Looks like MD is holding the South qualifier. Portage usually host the North qualifier. 

• 2 weeks later...

Roncalli is having a JV only tournament on Feb. 6th. All that don't get to wrestle in a Sectional are welcome. This might be a good warm-up for some. Also, hoping this encourages more kids to extend their season. The flier is on the ISWA website and registration is open on Track. Contact me if you need any other information.

10 hours ago, Timeinandout said:

Roncalli is having a JV only tournament on Feb. 6th. All that don't get to wrestle in a Sectional are welcome. This might be a good warm-up for some. Also, hoping this encourages more kids to extend their season. The flier is on the ISWA website and registration is open on Track. Contact me if you need any other information.

Sounds like a great opportunity. I couldn't find the event flyer on the ISWA site.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, QuinnHarris said:

Where can I find info for the qualifiers? Is Indy Nationals still a central qualifier? What weekend is the actual Frosh/Soph State tournament?

Thanks!

If your kids qualify for semi state they automatically qualify... I love that tournament and still remember the first year Allred vs Carson putting on An instant classic with Silas getting a come grim behind reversal with 5 seconds left.. Man I miss his dad,  Big E@Perseverance.. I miss those late night Wrestling/life talks, it was that very match I speak that started out friendship and I'm so happy I got to call him a friend. 

11 hours ago, Blane Culp said:

For the girls, is it all frosh soph girls or non placers only? Their state isn't technically ihsaa currently. And how do we find the 10 nwca weight classes that they are using?

Any freshman or sophomore girl can wrestle. It doesn't matter how they placed at state. My daughter wrestled the girl that won state last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 282 Frosh-Soph Semi-State Qualifiers have been imported into the Frosh-Soph State Championships.   Good luck to all tomorrow at your respective Semi-States.  These wrestlers will receive a 3 Seed automatically ... upgraded to a 2 Seed if advancing to the Quarter-Finals ... upgraded to a 1 Seed if becoming an IHSAA State Qualifier.

6 minutes ago, KBCclan said:

Can a state placer as a freshman participate as a sophomore if they don't place as a sophomore? 

Non  IHSAA Semi-State  Qualifying  Wrestlers  from  any  location  in  Indiana  may  attend either  the  North,    South  or  Central  Qualifier  without  restriction. 

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Non  IHSAA Semi-State  Qualifying  Wrestlers  from  any  location  in  Indiana  may  attend either  the  North,    South  or  Central  Qualifier  without  restriction. 

Can a wrestler participate at frosh / soph state if they have previously placed at state as a freshman and only qualified as a sophomore? Can they still compete at frosh / soph state tourney as a sophomore? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.