Notable Conference match ups.

buttler73

On 1/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, leggin89 said:

Not exactly the same DAC it used to be... but still pretty good.  Though between the HCC and DAC, there are half of @ontherise219's #1's.

DAC
106: #6 Gavin Jendreas, #9 E'Shawn Tolbert, #23 Mason Jones
113: #1 Ashton Jackson, #9 Johnny Cortez, #20 Kaptur Nowaczyk
120: #7 Hayden Demarco, #18 Evan Cruz
126: #1 Logan Frazier, #24 David Maldonado
132: #4 Anthony Bahl
138: #1 Jesse Mendez, #20 Lucas Clement, #21 Stefan Vitello
145: #3 Aidan Torres, #6 Nick Tattini
152: #1 Sam Goin
160: #3 Cody Goodwin, #19 Alex Bennett
170: #9 Connor Svantner
182: #2 Orlando Cruz, #6 Jake Sues
195: #5 Gage Demarco, #6 Will Clark, #19 Dylan Kwiatkowski
220: #11 Corey Hill, #14 Michael DeGrado, #21 Paul Clark
285: #17 Trey White, #19 Jack Ruess, #20 Theodore Sparks

I heard Kwiatkowski is down to 182 now 

8 hours ago, Xpwc said:

Not happening. Brackets are out and penn ducked him. How strategic... 

I'm sure Grange is probably injured - why would a team hold a senior out of their final conference tournament?  However, he didn't wrestle against Critchfield from Mater Dei either last weekend - although he did bump up to 285 and wrestle Leighton Jones in a 3-2 loss vs Brownsburg earlier in the day

GIF by Saturday Night Live

21 minutes ago, base said:

I'm sure Grange is probably injured - why would a team hold a senior out of their final conference tournament?  However, he didn't wrestle against Critchfield from Mater Dei either last weekend - although he did bump up to 285 and wrestle Leighton Jones in a 3-2 loss vs Brownsburg earlier in the day

GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's all about being petty. After Carroll left them, they prevented him from having a season and definitely don't want to give him an opportunity to wrestle one of their out of state transfers. 

The Circle City is not a very good wrestling conference but the marquee match will be at 152 between #5 Kody Glithero (Roncalli) versus #20 Eli  Bustamante (Bishop Chatard).  There will also be renewals of several old CYO rivalries with the best match at 182 between #10 Luke Hansen (Roncalli) versus unranked but very tough Tommy Hannon (Bishop Chatard). 

7 hours ago, Xpwc said:

Cowardly 

Really now ? 

Before you get all angry keyboard name calling, TeamGarcia a Coward ….. Pretty sure my family was in the same boat with a school holding out my kid for no reason . I was only 👏🏽 you for saying what’s on your mind . IHSAA transfer system is broke .
So …. Preach on, if you like call me names do what you want, trust me I’ve been called worse .  Lol

dc comics joker GIF

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

32 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Really now ? 

Before you get all angry keyboard name calling, TeamGarcia a Coward ….. Pretty sure my family was in the same boat with a school holding out my kid for no reason . I was only 👏🏽 you for saying what’s on your mind . IHSAA transfer system is broke .
So …. Preach on, if you like call me what you want . Lol

dc comics joker GIF

Pretty sure that was not meant for you @TeamGarcia

23 hours ago, Xpwc said:

Wouldn't surprise me. They work hard at keeping good wrestlers off the mat. 

It's very frustrating and the reason I quit going to the majority of Penn's matches . I got tired of only seeing the true varsity a couple times per year . At the Henry Wilk classic , Penn lost to Springboro , OH and a very close one to Westfield . They did not wrestle Steenbeke or Grange in either of these matches . They certainly would of beat Westfield and possibly Springboro as well  had 2 of their best wrestlers wrestled . When fans travel and pay money to support their team , they want to see the entire Varsity . Seems like every year the only time that happens is the Mishawaka dual , The Al Smith or Tournament time . 

1 hour ago, M109R said:

It's very frustrating and the reason I quit going to the majority of Penn's matches . I got tired of only seeing the true varsity a couple times per year . At the Henry Wilk classic , Penn lost to Springboro , OH and a very close one to Westfield . They did not wrestle Steenbeke or Grange in either of these matches . They certainly would of beat Westfield and possibly Springboro as well  had 2 of their best wrestlers wrestled . When fans travel and pay money to support their team , they want to see the entire Varsity . Seems like every year the only time that happens is the Mishawaka dual , The Al Smith or Tournament time . 

Is the strategy to keep their record unblemished, to prevent injury or ??

9 hours ago, M109R said:

I don't know the answer , but taking losses every year in duals we should of won is getting old . 

Sounds like the opposite of what a coach would want for their team, seeing guys like Seltzer chasing a high level match vs Mendez is how it should be, idk Penns reasoning but I would be ticked if I was in your position.

18 hours ago, M109R said:

It's all smoke and mirrors. There is a giant gap now between this area and the rest. Other places focus more on development, while Penn relies on bringing in established talent that seems to always regress. Kids in other places are wrestling up to get a shot at Mendez, while Penn hides from any real competition. 

19 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Really now ? 

So …. Preach on, if you like call me names do what you want, trust me I’ve been called worse .  Lol

dc comics joker GIF

Nobody used that word. It's a coaching decision. I'm sure they'll square off eventually

6 hours ago, Xpwc said:

It's all smoke and mirrors. There is a giant gap now between this area and the rest. Other places focus more on development, while Penn relies on bringing in established talent that seems to always regress. Kids in other places are wrestling up to get a shot at Mendez, while Penn hides from any real competition. 

I don't agree with all of this statement . If you are saying there is a giant gap between Penn and schools like CP,BB and MD , then yes you would be correct. But those 3 schools don't make up the rest. I would also point out that those 3 have most certainly brought in established talent(transfers)at some point . If you look at the East Chicago SS power rankings , Penn is #2 and Mishawaka is #3. That tells me there is no giant gap between this area and anywhere else. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:33 AM, M109R said:

I don't agree with all of this statement . If you are saying there is a giant gap between Penn and schools like CP,BB and MD , then yes you would be correct. But those 3 schools don't make up the rest. I would also point out that those 3 have most certainly brought in established talent(transfers)at some point . If you look at the East Chicago SS power rankings , Penn is #2 and Mishawaka is #3. That tells me there is no giant gap between this area and anywhere else. 

I guess we will just have to see how they execute as we go on. I think it's been about 7 years since Penn had anyone reach the semis. With a Texas and SC state champ you figure they'd at least get that far. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:33 AM, M109R said:

Recently, they have been behind schools like CMA who can't field a whole team. Been a while since they cracked top 25 in state

On 1/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, M109R said:

A big part of that is not being eligible. That's what held some out early. Pay attention to any ranked kids that will now be strangely absent going forward. 

15 hours ago, Xpwc said:

I guess we will just have to see how they execute as we go on. I think it's been about 7 years since Penn had anyone reach the semis. With a Texas and SC state champ you figure they'd at least get that far. 

Grange was a Texas state Qualifier , not state champ . Vargo ran into nationally ranked Seltzer in the quarters last year. No other wrestler @ 126 in the state would of made it to the semis if they ran into Seltzer in the quarters . 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.