Team State

Greg Ratliff

It’s my favorite time of year!

I don’t know if everyone knows what goes into this, but it’s a lot…

it starts with Adrian Troyer making a formula to predict the best teams.

A committee to decide a vote-in team in the spring.

Chuck Barnett arranging world class officials.

JD Minch getting contracts and working out specifics of each site.

Pat Culp doing EVERYTHING. She got 2 girls regionals sites, 3 team state sites, and elementary duals ready this weekend.

The Team State Committee picking another team each class to get in.

Dane Fuellling studying for hours to rank teams (which he did very accurately).

Joe Caprino helping to be a big time promoter of this event, which is amazing.

Briar Runyan, Darrick Snyder, and Jim Tonte (and their AD’s) for offering their venues to host the best wrestling in the state. It’s a lot of work to host!!

COVID has made this even trickier, because we have needed help at 3 sites. But I am telling you, the wrestling community is special.

This event was awesome because of awesome Indiana wrestlers, but made possible because of awesome Indiana wrestling volunteers.

Our second year at the event and loved it even more than last year which is a pretty high bar to clear.  We lost more than we won in finishing 8th, but each one of our duels came down to the last match.  Many kids on our roster will never make a deep run in the state series so it is great that they get to take part in something that intense and fun.  It was an incredible time for our kids and hoping we can earn the invitation again next year.

Thanks to everyone that had a part in organizing and working the tournament.

I want to thank everyone who made this event possible. This was an amazing opportunity for our team and our community. I can imagine a lot of 1A fans were wondering where all those light blue shirts were from. Martinsville was a great host. I am so glad that the IHSCWA believes in the dual format of this sport and recognizes a champ. After our day ended at Martinsville I got the boys back to the school and realized they were holding the Brownsburg v CP dual. So the wrestler in me drove straight from Cascade to Brownsburg and I was able to catch the final 10 matches of one of the most competitive duals in Indiana history probably. It was an amazing weekend for Indiana Wrestling! Thank you to everyone who made these events happen! Hopefully the Cascade Cadets will be back next year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.