Hayhurst in Castle line up

MSG C

4 hours ago, indypharmd said:

How's that work in southern Indiana regarding eligibility with IHSAA transfer rules? Usually high profile moves in central IN get scrutinized pretty closely... (Honest question, no cynicism intended)

My guess is since he is transferring from EMD to Castle there wouldn't be any issues private to public or vice versa given the cost factors alone.

However, going a step further 1) Hayhurst started at Castle; and 2) Coach Schaefer is genuinely about as nice as they possible come - though a fierce competitor - and wants what is best for all athletes not only on but off the mat. Coach Schaefer was an assistant at Beech Grove prior to returning to EMD, in my time knowing him there if I were ever to relocate to Indiana and pick a coach to coach my children it would be coach Schaefer.

Edited by SunDevils

1 hour ago, SunDevils said:

My guess is since he is transferring from EMD to Castle there wouldn't be any issues private to public or vice versa given the cost factors alone.

However, going a step further 1) Hayhurst started at Castle; and 2) Coach Schaefer is genuinely about as nice as they possible come - though a fierce competitor - and wants what is best for all athletes not only on but off the mat. Coach Schaefer was an assistant at Beech Grove prior to returning to EMD, in my time knowing him there if I were ever to relocate to Indiana and pick a coach to coach my children it would be coach Schaefer. Lastly, from what I have gathered through the message board Hayhurst has experienced a tough loss of his father recently - 100% let a kid who has experienced such tragedy go where he thinks it is best for his long-term outcomes (I apologize if I am wrong on that one). 

Very well put and that's how it should be, A great coach like Schaefer always puts the kids best interest first and that's imho the most important thing and that'll never change, period.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

2 hours ago, SunDevils said:

However, going a step further 1) Hayhurst started at Castle; and 2) Coach Schaefer is genuinely about as nice as they possible come - though a fierce competitor - and wants what is best for all athletes not only on but off the mat. Coach Schaefer was an assistant at Beech Grove prior to returning to EMD, in my time knowing him there if I were ever to relocate to Indiana and pick a coach to coach my children it would be coach Schaefer. Lastly, from what I have gathered through the message board Hayhurst has experienced a tough loss of his father recently - 100% let a kid who has experienced such tragedy go where he thinks it is best for his long-term outcomes (I apologize if I am wrong on that one). 

Dad is alive and well. Just talked to him. According to the gram, he’s been working out too! 

16 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

He wrestled 2 seasons for MD.  I too am curious regarding eligibility rules on transfers during the school year.

I don't know if there is any punishment going from private school to public or vice versa. Sounds like a tricky situation with him originally being Castle though and like you said it being during the season.

Edited by bigballerb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.