WOW! Mendez vs Zeke

ontherise219

On 1/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, ontherise219 said:

Honesty it’s the match we wanted 20 years ago(that feels old to say) with Angel and Reece. 

Could we want it again 20 years later? If so, would the bracket Gods ruin it for us? Imagine a showcase match at the end of the tournament in the Fieldhouse(cause I am not really sure what it is called now). One can only hope. I actually mentioned to someone how cool this would have been to see at the Al Smith this year, just glad it happened at least once this year, definitely great for the sport. Great job to both men putting it on the line!

5 hours ago, TZeis said:

Is this online anywhere? I’d love to see it.

It's on FloWrestling if you have an account.  Mat #17 @ 2:27

Great match with a lot of action and attempted takedowns.  Pretty much zero riding time, all on the feet.  Kudos to Seltzer for bumping up to give Mendez a challenge - and he certainly did challenge him.  Mendez was just a little quicker and more technical I think which gave him a few angles for his takedowns.  But Seltzer did get one takedown on a throwby, and attempted several others including a flying squirrel-type front headlock right at the end.  I was impressed with Seltzer's strength in the match versus such a high level opponent one weight up

Awesome match even though the camera angle was brutal.  Two amazing competitors. When was the last time (outside of Koontz) that Mendez was taken down by another Indiana wrestler? I am just guessing Zeke might be the only wrestler to have taken him down in the last 2 years. Which is insane. Vice versa might also be true. 

1 hour ago, SunDevils said:

Awesome match even though the camera angle was brutal.  Two amazing competitors. When was the last time (outside of Koontz) that Mendez was taken down by another Indiana wrestler? I am just guessing Zeke might be the only wrestler to have taken him down in the last 2 years. Which is insane. Vice versa might also be true. 

Last year in the semis by Blake Boarman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.