Team State Results & Discussion

SWINfan

2 minutes ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

Brownsburg is gona have the upper weights sewed up for next 3-4 years. Sheesh. Those freshman are units already 

The CP twins are sophomores and well Veazy might Grow. Plus Ruhlman might add 40 pounds of muscle this summer it runs in the family 

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

This happened at the MD Holiday Tournament when a kid got lippy and the referee just stopped it to avoid it escalating.  He told them to enter it as a Default, but there isn't just a default in TW, as far as I know.  I made an assumption that he didn't want it listed as a DQ because that would have taken the kid out of the consolation bracket.  He wrestled again.  

I know that's not the same as today, but the ref telling them to enter it as a default and that option not being available is.

Semi finals at 285… kid from Union County was wrestling Jacob Johnson of Franklin. Johnson was being aggressive on bottom and Union kid started talking trash and attempted to give the Johnson fellow a bit of a shove. Johnson had something to say as well, UC coach immediately gave the default signal to official, mr official called it immediately. Bang bang calls from coach and official. Great work on both. 

18 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

The CP twins are sophomores and well Veazy might Grow. Plus Ruhlman might add 40 pounds of muscle this summer it runs in the family 

Rhineheart from zionsville and center grove 160 are going to grow I would assume. The freshman class in general is just loaded. Great time for our state. 

That's so crazy because 2 weekends ago me and a ref That was at nc told me he was going to be at Team state and  discussed this very scenario and he said that he will deduct a team point every time...I can't tell if that's the same gentleman in the pic but he was very good ref I've seen over the years at ncss but his name slipped my mind .. During our chat between rounds he was very adamant about  sportsmanship and abiding by the rules, and loved his job.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

@GenHeavyHandz

That's so crazy because 2 weekends ago me and a ref That days he was going to be at Team state and  discussed this very scenario and he said that he will deduct a team point every time...I can't tell if that's the same gentleman in the pic but he was very good ref I've seen one the years but his name slipped my mind .. During our chat between rounds he was very adamant about  sportsmanship and abiding by the rules, and loved his job.

I think crown point might have gotten warned or gotten a team point taken away for this at Mishawaka... at least that's what I was gathering from the bleachers.

Congrats to Crown Point.  Also, congrats to Indiana wrestling.  I’m proud that years ago we came together and made this event happen.  What a day of wrestling.  

Huge shot out to Zeke Seltzer for bumping up to take on Mendez.  That alone made the entire event worthwhile. 

Lastly, it sucks but we did take our strap down and that’s a team point.   It was the correct call.  

Snyder 

Just want to be clear because I had a few coaching friends reach out to me.  I did NOT intend my post to mean the straps down call cost us the meet. All I was trying to say was it was the right call.  Crown Point also lost a team point. We were celebrating and I wasn’t watching.  I was told whatever was called didn’t happen the way it was interpreted.  Brownsburg and Crown Point have a great relationship.  I hate them some because of how good they are but have nothing but love and respect for them.  Our wrestlers and coaches are really close.  They won the dual because they EARNED it.  

Also, Mendez should focus on his college career and skip the rest of the season.  I just want what is best for him!

Snyder 

Two Scenarios:

1. Could 2A Champ Belmont also win the 3A bracket? They were 4.5 points behind Columbus East at the Al Smith and 8 of their wrestlers outscored Columbus East in their respective weight class.

2. Could the 1A-3A champs Tell City, Belmont, and Columbus East “All Star Team” beat 4A champ Crown Point?

8 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

Two Scenarios:

1. Could 2A Champ Belmont also win the 3A bracket? They were 4.5 points behind Columbus East at the Al Smith and 8 of their wrestlers outscored Columbus East in their respective weight class.

2. Could the 1A-3A champs Tell City, Belmont, and Columbus East “All Star Team” beat 4A champ Crown Point?

Just saying but maybe some team duals to determine the best team in the state would be amazing

Wow, what an event!  Coach Snyder and Brownsburg Athletics did an amazing job.  

Both teams lost a team point, so I’d like to think the wrestlers were able to decide the dual in the end.

Referees did a great job making consistant calls in such a high level match, and I’m sure we’ll see fireworks again between the purple and red Bulldogs.

Plus, where were you when Zeke Seltzer and Jesse Mendez through down at IHSWCA Team State!

2 hours ago, purdue02 said:

Two Scenarios:

Make the lineup and let's see how they hypothetically match up.. All in good fun.

4 hours ago, purdue02 said:

Two Scenarios:

No 

Allstars 

106 j. May (yes i know he was@113 for team state)

113 L. Kruger

120 I. Ruble

126 B. Wolf

132 C. Hammack

138 doesn't matter... but R. Fisher

145 B. Arthur 

152 A. Currie

160 k. Law(I know, but conway did weighin)

170 C. Khawaja

182 J. Simpson 

195 W. Woodall

220 C. Carroll

285 H. Whitenack

So I know the original question was an Allstar team of just the 1a,2a,3a champs... but I thought this looked interesting too.

106... cp won by fall last time they wrestled.. however I'm not sure that could be repeated... cp 3-0

113 gotta go with the Allstars here... but in a close match... 3-3

120 again the Allstars but closer than most would think..... Allstars lead dual 3-6

126 cp wins this one... dual tied 6-6

132 Allstars win... 6-9

138 cp by fall .. 12-9

145 close match... I'll take cp 15-9

152 ill take cp again... 18-9

160 "match of the dual" just on rankings all stars... 18-12

170 Allstars for the win by fall ... 18-18

182 Cp fires right back with major 22-18

195 cp wins again.. in a nail biter 25-18

220 Allstars... by fall... 25-24

285... #2 vs #19 for the title...

Allstars win... Allstars win... Allstars win!

I think an Allstar team of just the 3 Champs gets 4th or 5th this year. 4a was absolutely loaded. With most of the teams having 10 plus guys ranked. 

Gotta remember any of the teams from the lower division can come up to 4a. That is what cathedral and EMD do every year. Which I respect! 

All in good fun, obviously who made the Allstar team could be a debate all on its own. . Really im the winner as a fan of wrestling.... still thinking about Saturday a day later. 4a team state this year got national attention which is super cool and a huge credit to all the teams involved.

11 minutes ago, formercollegekid said:

Allstars 

113 L. Kruger

120 I. Ruble

126 B. Wolf

132 C. Hammack

145 B. Arthur 

152 A. Currie

170 C. Khawaja

182 J. Simpson 

195 W. Woodall

220 C. Carroll

285 H. Whitenack

So I know the original question was an Allstar team of just the 1a,2a,3a champs... but I thought this looked interesting too.

106... cp won by fall last time they wrestled.. however I'm not sure that could be repeated... cp 3-0

120 again the Allstars but closer than most would think..... Allstars lead dual 3-6

132 Allstars win... 6-9

138 cp by fall .. 12-9

I think an Allstar team of just the 3 Champs gets 4th or 5th this year. 4a was absolutely loaded. With most of the teams having 10 plus guys ranked. 

Gotta remember any of the teams from the lower division can come up to 4a. That is what cathedral and EMD do every year. Which I respect! 

All in good fun, obviously who made the Allstar team could be a debate all on its own. . Really im the winner as a fan of wrestling.... still thinking about Saturday a day later. 4a team state this year got national attention which is super cool and a huge credit to all the teams involved.

Crown Point isn’t losing this hypothetical match at 132

2 hours ago, formercollegekid said:

Allstars 

113 L. Kruger

120 I. Ruble

126 B. Wolf

132 C. Hammack

145 B. Arthur 

152 A. Currie

170 C. Khawaja

182 J. Simpson 

195 W. Woodall

220 C. Carroll

285 H. Whitenack

132 Allstars win... 6-9

138 cp by fall .. 12-9

Granted it happened two years ago, Arthur is 1-0 against Tattini. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.