Team State Results & Discussion

SWINfan

BB shifting looks like it has ended, with several of their top wrestlers taking lumps in hopes of minimize some of the team score damage. Let see if the moves pays off in the last few matches. 

Edited by MattM

1 minute ago, base said:

CP 195 wrestler didn't think he was pinned.  He or one of the coaches may have said something, but not sure

I saw him put his hands up, but didn't think that would created a penalty.  Maybe something with the coaches?

Crown Point REALLY needs a fall here, especially with the point deduction.

I said yesterday all those predictions look good until someone pulls off a big lineup shift.  Looks like Brownsburg could prove me right. 

Jones could use a pin to help it out though. 

Edited by MattM

Trying to do fast tie-breaker it looks like BB needs a major at 106 to win in criteria.  If so that BB team point cost them from sealing it up on criteria with a regular decision.  

Edited by MattM

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

Again trying to recall quickly in my head but I think it’s most pins being they are tied in penalty points and match wins. 

Think it would fall to #4 on that list and BB would win with 2....  Unless I missed something

Of course he has to get a major for that to matter

Least Team Penalty Points

Least Individual Penalty Points

Most Individual Match Wins

Most Pins, Defaults, Forfeits, DQ's
Edited by SWINfan

The entire final dual was fantastic - great job to these young men and their coaches! 

29-28 final score

Every little bonus point and penalty point mattered!

And.... the microphone being on was a huge added bonus, you could hear the crowd (and scorekeepers 🙂 ) going wild

Went back and looked....   apparently the BB team point deduction was because their wrestler started taking his singlet off (pulled it down) while still on the mat?   He did it as he walked past the scorer's table.  The referee reacted to that and immediately went to the table.

Edited by SWINfan

3 of the 4 Team State Finals come down to the last match.  With some awesome individual matchups throughout the day to help get you amped for individual state.  Can’t ask for much more than that.  Well except maybe a mic working more of the day.  

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.