Team State Results & Discussion

SWINfan

Wasn't medical - the ref looked at the BB bench and then just stopped the match.  Mendez looked confused.  I guess maybe BB coaches didn't want to give any emotional momentum with a Mendez pin?  Wonder why they didn't just FFT?

This happened at the MD Holiday Tournament when a kid got lippy and the referee just stopped it to avoid it escalating.  He told them to enter it as a Default, but there isn't just a default in TW, as far as I know.  I made an assumption that he didn't want it listed as a DQ because that would have taken the kid out of the consolation bracket.  He wrestled again.  

I know that's not the same as today, but the ref telling them to enter it as a default and that option not being available is.

Have to say - Brownsburg wrestlers giving up 10 lbs and battling (and winning) is impressive!  Brewer was at 170 earlier, going here at 182 vs Cruz.  Cicciarelli bumped from 160 to 170.  I think both Garcias also bumped up.  That's a tall order against a team as strong as CP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.