In the corner

DanKolov

@mikemorgan makes un-believable life long connections with kids and is great in the room.  He has done wonders with my guy this year and has helped him find the joy and love for the sport he had lost !!!   Thanks mike, get him to finish line !!

I don't know them by name, but in the past, watching the whole staff from Brownsburg was very inspiring as an opposing coach.

By that I mean I'm happy for the future of our sport with individuals promoting not only the will to win, but also sportsmanship.

FYI I'm not from the #county haha.

Since Cooper Samuels became my head assistant 7 years ago we've placed 8 with 2 state Champs.  He's an amazing technician and a constant student of the sport.

Also Brian Foxworthy, who still helps me, was the man behind all of the medals and finals appearances during our run in the 2000s.  He's forgot more wrestling than I've ever known.

Momir Petkovic doesn't sit in the corner but having him in the room and listening to his approach about wrestling and the journey has been very special for our program.

Mark "Sparky"  Griffith at NC not only produced two unreal legends of the sport JJ and Whitey , but so many other savages on his way to being a IHSAA HOFer and imho best ever Middle school coach in state history with nearly 20 unbeaten teams as well.. I'll forever be indebted to the Griffiths,JJ was one of my best friends that we lost to Diabetes, I will forever miss him and proud of his brother Whitey aka Josh that beat cancer himself.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

I just wanted to add I could not be more thankful and appreciative of my staff.  I have incredible administrative support so we have several coaches in the building and at middle schools.  Several of my assistants have been offered multiple head coaching jobs, but have stayed with us.  So thankful to have them.  

My coaches who aren’t teachers are freaking incredible.  They are literally losing several thousands of dollars to not run their business or cut their hours to coach wrestling.  Often they will work in a 12 hour work day to allow them to be at future practice and/or a tournament. 

Snyder

Owen Valley: Coach Casey Bybee is an awesome assistant coach. Steven Spicer is an awesome head coach. They are both fully committed to developing the Owen Valley wrestlers into full-on quality men and competitors. I am very thankful for them both. They have totally turned the program around 100% in a few years' time. The staff shows up in-season, off-season, any time. They care about the kids and I'm sure they've turned down more lucrative and prestigious offers. Thanks to all the coaches that help us parents get the important lessons wrestling can teach to our kids. Happy new year!

2 hours ago, anklepick said:

Owen Valley: Coach Casey Bybee is an awesome assistant coach. Steven Spicer is an awesome head coach. They are both fully committed to developing the Owen Valley wrestlers into full-on quality men and competitors. I am very thankful for them both. They have totally turned the program around 100% in a few years' time. The staff shows up in-season, off-season, any time. They care about the kids and I'm sure they've turned down more lucrative and prestigious offers. Thanks to all the coaches that help us parents get the important lessons wrestling can teach to our kids. Happy new year!

I completely agree with this! We saw them at nearly every offseason tournament. I coached a high rollers team this summer and even when they weren’t coaching they were there supporting their kids. They have built some pretty tough wrestlers there and great kids as well. Every single one that wrestled for us approached me and said hi this weekend at Mooresville. Keep up the great work down there you guys are doing awesome!

Justin Cooper at Whiteland High School,   Head coach Anthony Meister , have built an up and coming program at Whiteland.   The Warriors are on the move and are already a difficult team to beat in tournament format.   Another couple years and they will be a problem for any team in the state.  Good chance of placing two or more kids this year with Joey Butler leading the way.  

On 12/31/2021 at 5:23 PM, bsisson said:

Since Cooper Samuels became my head assistant 7 years ago we've placed 8 with 2 state Champs.  He's an amazing technician and a constant student of the sport.

Also Brian Foxworthy, who still helps me, was the man behind all of the medals and finals appearances during our run in the 2000s.  He's forgot more wrestling than I've ever known.

Momir Petkovic doesn't sit in the corner but having him in the room and listening to his approach about wrestling and the journey has been very special for our program.

Having Cooper in the corner with you, along with Mr Petkovic in the room is amazing. Floyd Central has grown to new heights! Good luck this year coach!

On 12/31/2021 at 9:04 PM, Darrick Snyder said:

I just wanted to add I could not be more thankful and appreciative of my staff.  I have incredible administrative support so we have several coaches in the building and at middle schools.  Several of my assistants have been offered multiple head coaching jobs, but have stayed with us.  So thankful to have them.  

My coaches who aren’t teachers are freaking incredible.  They are literally losing several thousands of dollars to not run their business or cut their hours to coach wrestling.  Often they will work in a 12 hour work day to allow them to be at future practice and/or a tournament. 

Snyder

And It shows , it is definitely working . 

Coaches Joe Somerville and Brent Maddox down at Jeffersonville do a great job! There is a reason Jeff has a ton of kids ever year and Joe (2019 Assistant Coach of the Year) is a big part in that

Also I'm not sure there are too many programs that can say they have a coach that trains a current UFC hwt fighter... (Coach Maddox trains Don'Tale Mayes)

828945803_ScreenshotatJan0311-58-56.png

Edited by patriotfan

On 12/31/2021 at 6:11 PM, tyquhp13 said:

I don't know them by name, but in the past, watching the whole staff from Brownsburg was very inspiring as an opposing coach.

By that I mean I'm happy for the future of our sport with individuals promoting not only the will to win, but also sportsmanship.

FYI I'm not from the #county haha.

“Watches” and from ISB…. I cry foul!!! 

Do Burg matches come in Braille?!?!

I have to brag on the staff at Chatard.

Cheyne Reiter, Brett Johnson (Perry Meridian), Bailey Schober (Greenwood).

2020: 3-19

2021: 12-13 (Cheyne & I’s first year)

2022: 13-4 (Brett and Bailey’s first year)

I can’t speak to these guys enough for the work they have put in to help put together what’s on pace to be the best season at Chatard in 10+ years.

23 hours ago, RealRosey said:

Bill Hawkins, Vince Sessa for Crown Point. They have been dedicated to the sport for a long time....

Yea, and hinkel, cosgrove, shurg, lamore, etc. etc. that is just who I saw at their dual against LC, who knows how many animals they have in that room 🤣

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.