Hwt. Tony Vaughn

7 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Let’s see here

Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

106- #10 in the Nation Jake Hockaday 

Top 10  

285- #15 in the Nation Leighton Jones, kid not in the Top 15 for nothing 

Scary Darkhorse and wouldn’t surprise me 132- Brady Ison 

I’m aware of their national rankings, but Smith is wrestling great right now and only lost to Hockaday by one point at IHPO. As for heavyweight, Leighton is phenomenal and I’ve had the pleasure of working out with him a few times over summer, but Jacob Johnson is wrestling lights out and has distanced the gap between he and his competition. Leighton pinned him last year, but since then, Johnson has leveled up tremendously and is a gamer. His ability to find a way to win is second to none and I think he can reverse the result versus Leighton the same way he did against Brayden Erb, Antone Alexander, etc.

7 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Chalkity Chalk Chalk Chalk?  

106- Veazy’s Quad

113- Veazy’s delts

120 Veavy’s Calf 

126  Veazy’s little Finger

132- Brady Bray Iso 

138. Veazy’s Brow

145.  Veazy’s Fortnite Avatar 

152.  Elijah Talamantez 

160. The White Panther

170.  Veazy’s Bicep

182. Veazy Vee

195. Gunner Henry 

220. Julante Hinton 

Hwt. Tony Vaughn

Seen alot about Veazys shoes, how did they not make the list. 

15 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Let’s see here

Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

106- #10 in the Nation Jake Hockaday 

Top 10  

285- #15 in the Nation Leighton Jones, kid not in the Top 15 for nothing 

Scary Darkhorse and wouldn’t surprise me 132- Brady Ison 

Uhhh Seltzer not being a threepeat wouldn’t surprise you? Ison is great, but c’mon man. Zeke is one of the Indiana goats! 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:09 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

Chalkity Chalk Chalk Chalk?  

106- Veazy’s Quad

113- Veazy’s delts

120 Veavy’s Calf 

126  Veazy’s little Finger

132- Brady Bray Iso 

138. Veazy’s Brow

145.  Veazy’s Fortnite Avatar 

152.  Elijah Talamantez 

160. The White Panther

170.  Veazy’s Bicep

182. Veazy Vee

195. Gunner Henry 

220. Julante Hinton 

Hwt. Tony Vaughn

I wrestled Tony Vaughn in the 1990 Regional. He was a beast.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:21 AM, blueandgold said:

I’m aware of their national rankings, but Smith is wrestling great right now and only lost to Hockaday by one point at IHPO. As for heavyweight, Leighton is phenomenal and I’ve had the pleasure of working out with him a few times over summer, but Jacob Johnson is wrestling lights out and has distanced the gap between he and his competition. Leighton pinned him last year, but since then, Johnson has leveled up tremendously and is a gamer. His ability to find a way to win is second to none and I think he can reverse the result versus Leighton the same way he did against Brayden Erb, Antone Alexander, etc.

James Ralph defeated Jacob Johnson at MD holiday classic 7-4. 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:46 AM, WrestleMan said:

I wouldn’t discredit Ralph like that. It was a great win for James. Sometimes you just get beat

Johnson was in control of the entire match. I’m sure we all watched the same thing. He’d never lost to Ralph prior and if they meet up again, I give it to Johnson.

19 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Johnson was in control of the entire match. I’m sure we all watched the same thing. He’d never lost to Ralph prior and if they meet up again, I give it to Johnson.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Were you there to witness in person? 

In all fairness I watched the entire finals and this match was the best finals match. Sollars and Little match got best match of the tourney but most coaches had already turned in there best match and outstanding wrestler votes. And this match was the last match of the tourney. I watched Johnson all weekend and this dude was a pit bull! Super athletic and arguably the fastest HWT in the state on his feet inside the circle! After Ralph got taken down he seemed to flip the switch. Everyone knew Johnson was the favorite besides Ralph I guess… He wrestled with a chip on his shoulder and right before the near fall points the entire gym was chanting his name. I remember when no one wanted to watch 220 & 285! Not anymore man these big dudes are super athletic and fun to watch! It’s great for the sport and anyone who left before that match missed out! Awesome match from both those studs! Chances are we will see it again!

51 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Were you there to witness in person? 

Had to watch on Flo as I was unable to make it to Evansville. From the first takedown to the second Flo cut out, Johnson controlled the match, and then as I saw the part I missed due to Flo’s technical issues on our film, it didn’t look like Ralph straight up beat him to me. Now, I’ve coached the kid for the last three years, so admittedly some of my bias is probably showing. I know what that kid is capable of and how much better he’s gotten and his mat strategy.

I think it was 2-1 Johnson or 3-1 Johnson?before the takedown and near fall. It was a great match and very close until that point. That match was awesome and both guys are fun to watch! The sport would be boring if the underdog never won! That was one of several upsets at Holiday tourneys. That’s what makes it so much fun to watch. Like i said Johnson was a beast all weekend and the young man is for real! Congrats to both of them for arguably the best match of the tourney💪🏼

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.