Results and upsets 12-29-21

1prouddad

19 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Both Raney's are 8th graders.  Jordyn won KY State last year at 106 as a 7th grader.

Wow, my High School Senior son wrestled Jordyn four or five years ago at the USA Middle School Duals in Danville. That is one very experienced 8th grader. And, yes he was very good even back then.

17 hours ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

Al Smith…

170 #12 Clouser over #11 JJ Braun 3-0 Cons Semis

and then 8-2 over Valdez for 3rd.

Solid tournament for Clouser 

120 unranked Courtney over #15 Lykins in semis 

Courtney over #6 Demarco in a thriller for 1st

Courtney is a top 5 kid all day long @120. 

31 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

Wow, my High School Senior son wrestled Jordyn four or five years ago at the USA Middle School Duals in Danville. That is one very experienced 8th grader. And, yes he was very good even back then.

Kids are great wrestlers as my son was just on same dual team as them in PA. They are lucky to have each other as partners as they have both pushed each other since they started . In summer of 2020 my son had the pleasure of wrestling Jordyn and Aaron Stewart back to back going 1-1. Those are the matches that you will grow and learn from.

Isaiah Street wrestled once yesterday per track. He lost 13-3. Hope that means he is wrestling this year!

Caden Brewer, Jake Hockaday, Braden Haines, Brady Ison, Gavin Garcia, Blaze Garcia,   Griffin Ison, all go 10-0,

Logan Miller, Sam Lapadat , Leighton Jones, all go 9-1

7 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Leighton Jones lost to a 6'6 mammoth from Rock Island who looks to have his choice of any D1 program in the nation for football. Kid got 4th as a freshman at HWT. 

Watched the match, yes Illinois kid was Shaq size man (I’ll call him Shaq)  . Matches went to OT, Leighton was winning 4-1 or 3-1 ? Late in the 3rd, then.  Shaq grabbed and tossed Jones to his back out of Bounds . Ref called it takedown but from my view it was clearly out. I’m in the stands BTW . My view . Now just picture a kid the size of Jones getting tossed . I was like WOW ! Great match, worth the $10 admission . 

24 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

Kids are great wrestlers as my son was just on same dual team as them in PA. They are lucky to have each other as partners as they have both pushed each other since they started . In summer of 2020 my son had the pleasure of wrestling Jordyn and Aaron Stewart back to back going 1-1. Those are the matches that you will grow and learn from.

I knew he was younger when my son wrestled him, but I had no idea he was 'that' young. Are they ranked nationally? After watching them yesterday it wouldn't surprise me.

3 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

I knew he was younger when my son wrestled him, but I had no idea he was 'that' young. Are they ranked nationally? After watching them yesterday it wouldn't surprise me.

Both in the Middle School Rankings in Top 10 I have seen . I don’t think most ranking will place Middle School kids in high school rankings 

2 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

Both in the Middle School Rankings in Top 10 I have seen . I don’t think most ranking will place Middle School kids in high school rankings 

Yeah, damn, I should have considered that we're talking about 8th graders. My confusion must stem from watching those matches with two very talented Mater Dei wrestlers 🤔 

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

Watched the match, yes Illinois kid was Shaq size man (I’ll call him Shaq)  . Matches went to OT, Leighton was winning 4-1 or 3-1 ? Late in the 3rd, then.  Shaq grabbed and tossed Jones to his back out of Bounds . Ref called it takedown but from my view it was clearly out. I’m in the stands BTW . My view . Now just picture a kid the size of Jones getting tossed . I was like WOW ! Great match, worth the $10 admission . 

i thought so too from my angle off the corner taking pictures, but I'm just the dad so my opinion doesn't count... Charles Jagusah made L look small for the first time since L was a 2nd grader and wrestling 6th grade Brewer at ISWA Elementary Team State... Ahead 3-1 going into third, L had two other throws to to almost takedowns out of bounds during regulation. The questionable takedown out of bounds sent it to OT... Don't think how they reported matches on Track reflected that...

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

Isaiah Street wrestled once yesterday per track. He lost 13-3. Hope that means he is wrestling this year!

Caden Brewer, Jake Hockaday, Braden Haines, Brady Ison, Gavin Garcia, Blaze Garcia,   Griffin Ison, all go 10-0,

Logan Miller, Sam Lapadat , Leighton Jones, all go 9-1

Street was just rusty. He will be ready to rock this weekend! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.