Most Impressive Moves at State

blueandgold

On 12/27/2021 at 3:07 PM, Jcjcjc said:

Whitehead pronouncing sunanguro rasunangunto is the best verbal move I’ve ever seen. 

Still breaks my heart we didn't get to see a more than likely

Bubba Dickerson vs Rasunangunto in 96'.. Bubba been too technical for him and the only guy that has the horsepower, size and athleticism to deal with that behemoth.

I'd taken Bub by pin in a wild few minute affair.. But we will never know😢

12 hours ago, KoontzDaddy said:

So as the tournament approaches, and the topic of this discussion, I got excited and found this video of the most exhilarating 10 seconds of my adult life. I still yell at the screen to LIFT THE HEAD!!! 😆 

That's sick!!!! One the loudest I've ever heard it at the state finals and that's saying something.. Not as big of upset or close to but back in the 90s New Castle was wrestling Cathedral when Jayson Madden hit the legendary defending state champ(4x placer and Runner up) Dan Pleak with nastiest left handed headlock, and after Pleak fought his ass off and escaped , he got to his feet and  Madden hit him with the right handed Headlock and pinned him..Madden didn't even make it to state that year and wasn't until the  following season placing 4th..

15 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That's sick!!!! One the loudest I've ever heard it at the state finals and that's saying something.. Not as big of upset or close to but back in the 90s New Castle was wrestling Cathedral when Jayson Madden hit the legendary defending state champ(4x placer and Runner up) Dan Pleak with nastiest left handed headlock, and after Pleak fought his ass off and escaped , he got to his feet and  Madden hit him with the right handed Headlock and pinned him..Madden didn't even make it to state that year and wasn't until the  following season placing 4th..

I always considered Adam Doherty to be the best headlock technician to walk the earth, but Mathew Koontz may have taken the throne.

Edited by Rugger44

6 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

I think you are forgetting about Kurt Kinser.  Hit headlocks from anywhere, and continued to do so at IU

Yessir his RS freshman year he had close to 20 pins and I thought n the ballpark of 50 on his career at IU..

Was a monster on the cage as well, and IMHO should be 10-0 with his only loss being controversial (watched it 2x and scored it for Kinser)against world class killer Pat Healey who's beat the legend Paul Semtex Daley, UFC title challenger Dan Hardy, former UFC Interim WW champ Carlos Condit, along with shoe-in future UFC Hall of famer Jim Miller and many other savages and is known for being the guy Khabib Ragdolled to put himself on the map in the UFC years ago...

I'd like to have seen how far he could've gone had he went to Jackson/Wink or ATT in coconut creek and lived.. His wrestling style correlated wonderfully to MMA, and yes there are subtle but very intricate things that go into being a great MMA wrestler,kurt was/is a stud in not only traditional styles we are accustomed to and mma wrestling.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.