Most Impressive Moves at State

blueandgold

On 12/28/2021 at 7:48 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

Deron Phillips 119lb State Champion 1988 used a move he made up called the “Chilly Philly” to pin Brent Lehman Elkhart Memorial in the finals.  It was a combination duck under/Cradle.

You got me thinking about the Joe Williams high school move from neutral that was a similar to a cement mixer, but he went across to the opposite leg to hit a rolling cradle.  Trying to find it again on youtube.

2 hours ago, busstogate said:

You got me thinking about the Joe Williams high school move from neutral that was a similar to a cement mixer, but he went across to the opposite leg to hit a rolling cradle.  Trying to find it again on youtube.

Your thinking of his brother Steve Williams, and the move is called a twister.

So as the tournament approaches, and the topic of this discussion, I got excited and found this video of the most exhilarating 10 seconds of my adult life. I still yell at the screen to LIFT THE HEAD!!! 😆 

2 hours ago, KoontzDaddy said:

So as the tournament approaches, and the topic of this discussion, I got excited and found this video of the most exhilarating 10 seconds of my adult life. I still yell at the screen to LIFT THE HEAD!!! 😆 

Everyone I know still talks about the big leftsided headlock on Mendez! Instant classic! Seems like he pinned a few top ranked guys early last year at the Perry duels too! Maybe Riley Rust and Estrada? 

2 hours ago, Rugger44 said:

Everyone I know still talks about the big leftsided headlock on Mendez! Instant classic! Seems like he pinned a few top ranked guys early last year at the Perry duels too! Maybe Riley Rust and Estrada? 

Yeah he got Estrada with the lefty headlock. He pinned Rust with a defensive cradle off of a shot. That was a fun day!

4 hours ago, KoontzDaddy said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.