Asa Garcia transfers to ….

4 minutes ago, base said:

Good luck on your continued career, Mr Garcia

My question to @TeamGarcia - how are you going to manage road trips to see him wrestle?  New Jersey is a long haul!!

1. Big Ten Network 

2. Frequent Flyer Miles 

3. Travel the local Midwest when they are around . 
4. Where there a will, there’s a way . 

We’ll make it work 

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

And this was a sudden thing? Figured he would have been somewhere in the lineup as t Indiana.

Announced he was transferring in mid September . Indiana U. loss for not giving him a chance . That’s all I’ll say about that . 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:10 PM, TeamGarcia said:

Projected to wrestle 141 for the Scarlet Knights 

A83265B9-0C83-4D71-8DFB-0001D308E401.jpeg

Congratulations!  Live 60 miles away from New Brunswick.  As a Bloomington grad Id love to see Asa shank the Hoosiers at RAC. Hope he finds greener pastures and Goodall is a good coach

40 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Congratulations!  Live 60 miles away from New Brunswick.  As a Bloomington grad Id love to see Asa shank the Hoosiers at RAC. Hope he finds greener pastures and Goodall is a good coach

Thanks Philly, Coach Goodall a great guy. Yes, the Jersey Mike’s RAC Arena, electric wrestling atmosphere, 6,000+ in attendance to watch a out of Conference Dual earlier this month . 4th biggest in the B1G conference. Big step up from Indiana maybe 75 people in the stands on a good day . Asa and Anthony Ashnault, Sebastian Rivera will be a great fit together and not to mention Top 5 RTC training center for freestyle, also hearing the RTC has a new Head Coach in Jeff Buxton. It’s a win/win situation. 

Edited by TeamGarcia
“Month” not year

IN HIS OWN WORDS....

"It all came down to me wanting and needing a change. Indiana University is an amazing place and I will miss all of the relationships I’ve built while here but it’s time for a new adventure and a place I believe can get me to where I need to be."

"I ended up choosing Rutgers for a few reasons. First and foremost I needed something different all together from scenery wise to a place where nobody knows me so I can reinvent myself in a way. Another big reason was the coaches and practice partners I would have there not only during season but in the off season for freestyle as well. Lastly the fans and people bring the energy and they love wrestling over there so it’s an opportunity I can’t pass up!"

"I’ll head there after this semester and should arrive early January. Fan can expect a show every time I step on the mat. I’m excited to go out and earn their respect and their support match by match. That’s the beauty of going somewhere that nobody really knows me!" Asa Garcia 

2 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

IN HIS OWN WORDS....

"It all came down to me wanting and needing a change. Indiana University is an amazing place and I will miss all of the relationships I’ve built while here but it’s time for a new adventure and a place I believe can get me to where I need to be."

"I ended up choosing Rutgers for a few reasons. First and foremost I needed something different all together from scenery wise to a place where nobody knows me so I can reinvent myself in a way. Another big reason was the coaches and practice partners I would have there not only during season but in the off season for freestyle as well. Lastly the fans and people bring the energy and they love wrestling over there so it’s an opportunity I can’t pass up!"

"I’ll head there after this semester and should arrive early January. Fan can expect a show every time I step on the mat. I’m excited to go out and earn their respect and their support match by match. That’s the beauty of going somewhere that nobody really knows me!" Asa Garcia 

Nice, big boy decisions 

19 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Thanks Philly, Coach Goodall a great guy. Yes, the Jersey Mike’s RAC Arena, electric wrestling atmosphere, 6,000+ in attendance to watch a out of Conference Dual earlier this month . 4th biggest in the B1G conference. Big step up from Indiana maybe 75 people in the stands on a good day . Asa and Anthony Ashnault, Sebastian Rivera will be a great fit together and not to mention Top 5 RTC training center for freestyle, also hearing the RTC has a new Head Coach in Jeff Buxton. It’s a win/win situation. 

Shnauty will show him a few moves

And please beat Penn State

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, TeamGarcia said:

1. Big Ten Network 

2. Frequent Flyer Miles 

3. Travel the local Midwest when they are around . 
4. Where there a will, there’s a way . 

We’ll make it work 

5)Barter with all those bananas lol

all jokes aside, CONGRATS to Asa and here’s to wishing him great success there. 

17 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

Would Asa have the opportunity to start right away? I'm not familiar with Rutgers line up. Good luck to him he's a heck of a wrestler.

Internet rankings

Sammy Alvarez 133.   12th

Sebastian Rivera 141.   4th

Mike Van Brill 149.    19th

23 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

I see, tough lineup. I'll bet he finds his way to the mat before his time is done there.

He’s a Redshirt Freshman this year . He’ll be behind Graduate Senior Rivera this year at 141.  He’ll wrestle in a few opens tournaments this year and wrestle with the team during the B1G duals when called upon . His time will come for sure . 

• 9 months later...