Biggest Jump in Weight

Paycheck141

Who has had the most success after bumping up in weight by more than one weight class, off the top of my head

Trey Reese (Indian Creek) went from 160 to 215 and won a title

Brian Harvey (Cathedral) went from 130 to 160 and won a title

Sean McMurray (Portage) went from 112 to 135 won a Title and 135 to 152 and won a title 

Are there any other ones that should be mentioned, thoughts?

Edited by Paycheck141

1 minute ago, Paycheck141 said:

Who has had the most success after bumping up in weight by more than one weight class, off the top of my head

Trey Reese (Indian Creek) went from 160 to 215 and won a title

Brian Harvey (Cathedral) went from 130 to 160 and won a title

Sean McMurray went from 112 to 135 won a Title and 135 to 152 and won a title 

Are there any other ones that should be mentioned, thoughts?

Ruhlman went from 170-220 going from 5th to 1st in one year 

This clearly can not be true because aren't you suppose to starve your body down to the bare minimum in order to have the best shot winning.  🙄

In all seriousness though I think we had one of the most positive weight loss stories over the course of a HS career.  We had wrestlers who had never done any sport before in MS or HS come out as a Freshman in order to help get himself in shape for his goal of being in the military.  He started out as a freshman having to be our backup HWT because he was around 230.  But finished his freshman years a good amount below 220, I want to say close to 200.  Over the course of the next four years he kept working hard, showing up to the off season, and ate much better.  As a Sophomore he started as  our backup 195 weight class and made it to 189 by the end of the season getting in a some varsity time.  As a Junior he was  splitting time between varsity 170 and 160.  He ended up being varsity 160 to start his senior season.  Finished up his senior campaign at 152 qualifying for regionals.  Then as he set out to do signed on to the military right after finishing up school.   And seems to be still living a pretty healthy lifestyle to this today.

Edited by MattM

Haha, that corpe loss never should of happened.  Had a cradle locked up and the official had already counted off near fall points.  The second the roll through happened the 3 near fall points should of been rewarded making it a tech fall.  Someone has to have video evidence, if so, we need it lol.  However, I actually feel like that loss helped in some ways so its all good. 

2 hours ago, Boilers184 said:

Haha, that corpe loss never should of happened.  Had a cradle locked up and the official had already counted off near fall points.  The second the roll through happened the 3 near fall points should of been rewarded making it a tech fall.  Someone has to have video evidence, if so, we need it lol.  However, I actually feel like that loss helped in some ways so its all good. 

I heard from maybe the next possible best source that the champ that very night of the loss was banging away in the practice room afterwards.  When I heard that, I believed the title was coming to the Chargers. That whole team was such a pleasure to watch, top to bottom.  

Edited by busstogate

I'm undefeated from my senior year at 119 to 220 now. 27 years later! I have had success with chicken wings, pizza, adult beverages and swearing off such things as push ups, pull ups, sit ups, and running. You want to put on weight? I'll show you how! During my junior year I promised myself I'd die old, fat, and happy, I might not make it to old but fat and happy are an achievement made for sure!

In all seriousness, I hate the idea of starving to cut weight, I get the concept, trust me, I get it! I wish we could change the mindset, there is nothing wrong with being healthy but by all means lets EAT HEALTHY! I believe a lot of energy and talent are wasted by cutting weight, just look at summer wrestling when guys are eating more, maybe not eating right but eating more, and having fun! Remember freestyle matches when guys would put it all out there just to get a 5 pt. throw? Try doing that on lentil beans and a quarter chicken breast!

Edited by Ahawkeye

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.