4. Cowan
5. Rochester
6. Rensselaer Central
7. Cascade
8. Bluffton
9. Centerville
10. Adams Central

View full team ranking

How in the world do you keep Winamac out of these rankings when Winamac has beat Rensselaer in a dual the last 2 years, is undefeated at 12-0 while missing 3 varsity wrestlers from lineup. Includes wins over Bremen and John Glenn..  these kids have beaten everyone that has come in front of them and I really feel they deserve the recognition!!  Rant over….

Ft. Wayne area has plenty of representation in the ranking at 1A spread the love a little….

Edited by Tenser310

37 minutes ago, Tenser310 said:

How in the world do you keep Winamac out of these rankings when Winamac has beat Rensselaer in a dual the last 2 years, is undefeated at 12-0 while missing 3 varsity wrestlers from lineup. Includes wins over Bremen and John Glenn..  these kids have beaten everyone that has come in front of them and I really feel they deserve the recognition!!  Rant over….

Ft. Wayne area has plenty of representation in the ranking at 1A spread the love a little….

Beat Rensselaer last year. Not last two years. Don’t go 1 for 11 at Regionals. 

You beat Rensselaer without their State Qualifier and a Regional Qualifier who majored your kid in Sectionals. 22 Point Swing. Believe we lost that dual by less than 10. 

35 minutes ago, bomber_bob said:

Beat Rensselaer last year. Not last two years. Don’t go 1 for 11 at Regionals. 

You beat Rensselaer without their State Qualifier and a Regional Qualifier who majored your kid in Sectionals. 22 Point Swing. Believe we lost that dual by less than 10. 

Win Was by more than 10 points.. and win is a win…. And yes Winamac wrestled like crap at regionals it happens but it’s a new year and Winamac has come out and beat each team they have faced..  what more can you ask kids to do???

1 hour ago, Tenser310 said:

I think we should let them in.  I’ll buy the popcorn for everyone to enjoy the show. 

34 minutes ago, Tenser310 said:

Win Was by more than 10 points.. and win is a win…. And yes Winamac wrestled like crap at regionals it happens but it’s a new year and Winamac has come out and beat each team they have faced..  what more can you ask kids to do???

A win is a win… so looking at the stats against Tippecanoe Valley, previously mentioned in your wins, they won 5 of the 9 matches wrestled head to head and would have beaten you 27-24 had they not had the forfeits.  Just saying

2 hours ago, Tenser310 said:

Wouldn't brag too hard about going 12-0 with your schedule so far. North White, Twin Lakes, Caston, Frontier? (No offense to those guys)

1 hour ago, Tenser310 said:

Deleted, I'm not going to spout off and cause issues.  I'm sure many already saw my argument but I'm not going to get involved and provide bulletin board material. 

I would love to see Winamac get in if it is felt they deserve it.  Makes our sectional look that much better.  I would also like to see Cass get in who was ranked for a bit and has some solid kids.  Them getting in makes our conference look better.  

Edited by hogleg

4 hours ago, AverageCoach said:

Wouldn't brag too hard about going 12-0 with your schedule so far. North White, Twin Lakes, Caston, Frontier? (No offense to those guys)

Why not brag about them?? It’s not the kids that make the schedule. All they can do is come out and wrestle whomever puts their foot on the line and day in and out so far this year they have and won!! Those kids bust their butt in practice each day and I’m gonna brag on them because I am PROUD of each of them for being in that room making each other better!! 

6 minutes ago, Tenser310 said:

Why not brag about them?? It’s not the kids that make the schedule. All they can do is come out and wrestle whomever puts their foot on the line and day in and out so far this year they have and won!! Those kids bust their butt in practice each day and I’m gonna brag on them because I am PROUD of each of them for being in that room making each other better!! 

And you should be proud of that, as should they!  I think what everyone is saying is that the SOS isn’t as high as the ranked teams.  

27 minutes ago, Tenser310 said:

Get on the coach and AD to make that schedule tougher, they definitely have control over that

7 hours ago, Tenser310 said:

Coaches definitely had control of the schedule. South Adams is vying for the same spot and we added Daleville, Delta, and Cowan before the season started. As well as made sure we got Cascade and Centerville at New Castle. I’m not saying it’s easy, but it can be done. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Coaches definitely had control of the schedule. South Adams is vying for the same spot and we added Daleville, Delta, and Cowan before the season started. As well as made sure we got Cascade and Centerville at New Castle. I’m not saying it’s easy, but it can be done. 

See you there!!

5 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

See you there!!

I hope it’s a good dual… But win or loose I know SA has and will have competed against majority of the 1A teams and also a good chunk of 2A teams. They lost to Bluffton by 4 and they were missing three varsity starters to due sickness and one from an injury that he returned from.. Don’t get it confused but Bluffton is a good team as well, nothing taken away from them! 

@Thor brought a great point, I had heard the SA coach calledand asked New castle to put them up against centerville and Casscade because when the first schedule came out they weren’t going to see either of those team.. 

Want to be know as a good team you have to compete against good teams… With that said I believe Cascade is a good team! Excited to see the duals this weekend! 

55 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

I hope it’s a good dual… But win or loose I know SA has and will have competed against majority of the 1A teams and also a good chunk of 2A teams. They lost to Bluffton by 4 and they were missing three varsity starters to due sickness and one from an injury that he returned from.. Don’t get it confused but Bluffton is a good team as well, nothing taken away from them! 

@Thor brought a great point, I had heard the SA coach calledand asked New castle to put them up against centerville and Casscade because when the first schedule came out they weren’t going to see either of those team.. 

Want to be know as a good team you have to compete against good teams… With that said I believe Cascade is a good team! Excited to see the duals this weekend! 

Hell yes, It's about getting the best comp you can..I haven't got to go to a meet all year, so I'm stoked, can't wait to see all the quality matches.. I'm Be the one with the gnarliest mullet in the building, if you see me say hello.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

3 hours ago, Thor said:

We had to beef our schedule up as well. This is my first year at Cascade and building a tougher schedule was my first priority. We got into Edgewood to see semi state comp that we don't usually see and got into New Castle to see Centerville super happy to see South Adams there as well! If you want to be at Gainbridge in February you better seek out the best competition you can all season. Weeknight duals are tougher to change because usually those are on contracts for 2-4 years but it is doable!

1 hour ago, Pg_rated said:

I did the same thing! We want to go toe to toe for this spot don't let the committee just vote let us earn it! Glad others are thinking the same way!

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Hell yes, It's about getting the best comp you can..I haven't got to go to a meet all year, so I'm stoked, can't wait to see all the quality matches.. I'm Be the one with the gnarliest mullet in the building, if you see me say hello.

Hope to see all you guys at ECIC next Thursday as well. Going to be a solid tournament!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.