EMD Vs BB

1prouddad

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Prolong Injury that’s football related, The Champ just sign NLI to play D1 football in the MAC I seen on Twitter . Good for him 👏🏽. Doubtful his weight has anything to do with it . Kid has football skill and his first sports love is going to payoff in the future with a College degree . Well Done ! 

Hopefully your not wishing any “unforeseen incidents” on HS kids . Sounds really desperate @PhillyFanMD . Gotta remember they’re just HS kids having fun . Just my thinking. 

So does that mean he’s not wrestling? Or just a prolonged debut? Brownsburg has an awesome team, just feels like he’s the last stone in the infinity gauntlet. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

So does that mean he’s not wrestling? Or just a prolonged debut? Brownsburg has an awesome team, just feels like he’s the last stone in the infinity gauntlet. 

Last I checked he’s out the rankings and has been for 2-3 weeks . Good indicator he’s pursuing his football career to me . I could be wrong, not up to me to set lineups . Just a fan 😊 

Infinity Gauntlet has already snapped once last week ! Looking forward to snapping  again this weekend in CP. 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Last paragraph 😂 crack myself up

33 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Last I checked he’s out the rankings and has been for 2-3 weeks . Good indicator he’s pursuing his football career to me . I could be wrong, not up to me to set lineups . Just a fan 😊 

Infinity Gauntlet has already snapped once last week ! Looking forward to snapping  again this weekend in CP. 

Just checking, for all I know he could’ve been out of the rankings due to injury. 

On 12/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, navy80 said:

Brownsburg should lobby to be the 3 seed. They are on paper head and shoulders above MD and CP. Might as well go through both teams and leave no doubt!

Did not look to me that BB was head and shoulders above CP . Results are in . Should be interesting when MD comes to the party as these 3 are clearly above everyone else in the state . 

12 minutes ago, M109R said:

Did not look to me that BB was head and shoulders above CP . Results are in . Should be interesting when MD comes to the party as these 3 are clearly above everyone else in the state . 

It was 5-4 Crown Point over Brownsburg in the head to head matches 

After we beat Davidson last week, a friend of mine from Lowell, MI was like “You guys are going to kill everyone in Indiana”.   I immediately said something like Indiana teams are no joke this year.  Wait until you see Crown Point’s team next Saturday.  He called me last night on his  way home from Crown Point.  He asked when dual state was and said he wanted to come watch the dual between us and Crown Point.  I told him you still haven’t seen the teams from Mater Dei or Center Grove, etc.  He couldn’t believe anyone could be competitive with Brownsburg or Crown Point.   I again told him Indiana wrestling is reaching a different level.  

I talked to Hawkins last night about the potential dual.  First thing is we both know we have to get there.  It won’t be an easy task.  All that being said, the Purple and Red Dogs have a great relationship.  We hope to both make the finals at dual state and put on a show for the ages. 

Snyder

5 hours ago, M109R said:

And CP put 9 in the finals compared to 7 for BB . Should be one heck of a dual if it happens as neither team is head and shoulders above the other . 

You might wanna add #13 Wrestling Powerhouse St. Paris Graham was picking CP & Burg wrestlers off from that finals . Very, very good team . Good in spots Legacy Christian team . Wonder if we can get Head 2 Head vs. Graham and how Indiana did . Guessing here …. I bet Brownsburg had the most ? Idk could be wrong .

29 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

You might wanna add #13 Wrestling Powerhouse St. Paris Graham was picking CP & Burg wrestlers off from that finals . Very, very good team . Good in spots Legacy Christian team . Wonder if we can get Head 2 Head vs. Graham and how Indiana did . Guessing here …. I bet Brownsburg had the most ? Idk could be wrong .

Woof Woof 

As someone with no dog in the fight (pun intended) I am really proud to say I am from Indiana when talking about high school wrestling. 2-3 years ago when I was watching big 10’s at Michigan State some rutgers fans were at the bar back at the hotel. When i started naming all the big name wrestlers that went to high school in Indiana they were like damn so its legit in Indiana huh. I think we are only getting better I love it! 

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

CP was 3-5 and BB was 2-4 vs SPG

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

After watching the Holiday Classic, 

Nothing has changed my mind that EMD can hang with BB at this time. Or CP for that point 

Could be a blowout to be quite honest. 

A blow out for mater dei? 

I would toss Center Grove in the mix they are stacked! 

1 minute ago, Ahawkeye said:

Team state should be an abdute joy to watch as a fan. To be in it would be a meat grinder. It should also be a privilege to win it (I'm sure any team that wins it will feel as such) IHSAA should recognize both team and individual state champs. Can't wait for Team State!

💯 

My new team rankings...

Tier 1

1. Crown Point (These two teams will be decided by two matches. I slightly favor CP)

2. Brownsburg 

Tier 2

3. Center Grove (I didn't realize just how good they are. Kreijia (sp?) transfer really helps.

4. Mater Dei (Without Hayhurst and possible injuries to others, they drop. Critchfield transfer really helps).

Tier 3

Everyone else?

20 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

No sir. Emd may get beat by a good margin. Just my 2 cents 

I agree with that.  I saw a mixed bag with MD today (and a couple of duals I caught online).  No Hayhurst hurts.  Hunter May out this week makes me wonder whether he'll be at full strength by Team State, and others possibly not at full strength (I know, we disagree here) doesn't help.

I thought some of their not so well known guys performed well today.  James Ralph appears to have stepped up a level  Others may not be State contenders, but they are respectable and in a dual, depending on who they are facing off against, could provide team points.  They definitely give MD the depth we typically expect. That said, I don't think Brownsburg has much at all in terms of weakness and has firepower up and down the lineup.  I would still expect good competitive wrestling, but your $.02 seems accurate here. 

28 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

No sir. Emd may get beat by a good margin. Just my 2 cents 

Sorry I should have went back and read the other posts. 

it will be exciting to have 3 nationally ranked programs battling it out. Coach Swain can start chasing some out of state national programs too they are the real deal and will be for the foreseeable future 

My breakdown of how I see the head to head with BB. Once again, just my 2 cents. Let's see what others have. ALSO wouldn't mind seeing a match breakdown with CP and CG. I haven't got to see much of them to do 

106- BB  4-0

113- BB   7-0

120- BB  11-0

126-BB   17-0

132-BB   21-0

138-BB  26-0

145-BB  32-0

152-MD 32-5

160-MD 32-8

170-MD 32-14

182 toss up

195-MD 32-20

220-MD 32-26

285-BB  37-26

A bit closer than I thought once putting it out there. Now, this is based off ranking and of course there could be some roster shift,but I don't see much wiggle room with EMD that would be beneficial. 

Should be a fun one 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:21 PM, navy80 said:

My new team rankings...

Tier 1

1. Crown Point (These two teams will be decided by two matches. I slightly favor CP)

2. Brownsburg 

Tier 2

3. Center Grove (I didn't realize just how good they are. Kreijia (sp?) transfer really helps.

4. Mater Dei (Without Hayhurst and possible injuries to others, they drop. Critchfield transfer really helps).

Tier 3

Everyone else?

Not sure I agree with this after the Al Smith . Center Grove is much better than I thought . I ran the numbers for CG wrestlers vs CP wrestlers based off Al Smith results and head to head matches . In a dual , I have CP winning 34-29 with each team winning 7 matches . It appears to me that CG should be in the same Tier with CP,BB and possibly MD as well . 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.