Spartan classic 2021

Wrestlingfan937

I was thinking about Connersville this weekend while Track kept crashing and at times we had to wait 10 minutes or more between individual matches to begin. Or when there was a break in the match.  I have experienced this at every tournament I have been to in the last few months. Sometimes old school can just be better.  I am pretty sick of tournaments relying on their Wifi connection and being connected to Track. Coming from a guy that setups and fixes networks for a living there are too many things that can go wrong, especially when things aren't setup right.  I have decided to write a program called cached wrestling that doesn't rely on the internet and will upload the data when it is available.  Caprino said he would be my business partner.

List of teams @ the Classic this year

Anderson
Beech Grove
Charlestown

Connersville
Columbus North
Daleville
Danville
East Noble
Eastern Hancock
Fishers
Franklin County
Greenfield-Central
Greensburg
Hagerstown
Jasper
Lawrence Central
Mississinewa
New Castle
New Palestine
Northeastern
Pike High School
Portage
Providence
Richmond
Rushville
Shelbyville
Shenandoah
Southern Wells
Triton Central
Union County
Valparaiso
Western Boone

We're working on it brother! I think the lack of technological advancement (I.e., Trackwrestling) has hurt us. Since we still do it paper and pencil; Along with Team state happening around that time. However, looking to pull teams back in such as Perry, Cathedral, Franklin Community, Center Grove, etc. over the course of the next couple of years is the idea!

1 step at a time 🤙

Here is a break down of the ranked wrestlers in each weight class based on the recent rankings. Most likely the ranks and weight will change by the time the spartan kicks off. 

Edited by Wrestlingfan937

On 12/9/2021 at 11:11 AM, Gonzo said:

We're working on it brother! I think the lack of technological advancement (I.e., Trackwrestling) has hurt us. Since we still do it paper and pencil; Along with Team state happening around that time. However, looking to pull teams back in such as Perry, Cathedral, Franklin Community, Center Grove, etc. over the course of the next couple of years is the idea!

1 step at a time 🤙

With team state, it’s sad to say that you won’t be seeing some teams for awhile since some of those school have been going for multiple years in a row now

• 3 weeks later...

I know that my Roncalli Royals (Rebels) won the Spartan Classic a few times in the past but they are now going to EMD instead.  Cathedral also dominated the Spartan Classic for several years prior to Roncalli.  I sure do miss watching Cathedral and Roncalli wrestle in the Spartan Bowl.  My family has been involved in running this tournament for 44 years and I have tried for years to get the administration to run the tournament on Track.  I believe that it could be run on Track since the cafeteria and hallway at the top of the Bowl has decent WiFi service.  Good luck to all of the teams!  

45 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I think @ENoblewrestling hogged all the internet with their Facebook Live streams all day.

Dang it @ENoblewrestling you are hogging the party line connection for the block. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bea42b0668fc473240caeef9b25fd2c8.jpeg

Yes, you millennials and beyond (heck some gen-X city folk) have no clue how deep a cut this is without appearing in your history books.  

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.