Hoosiers in College 2021-22 - Post Results here!

9 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Slivka and Brewer in protocol. Our boys were ready. Sucks for both teams, that this dual didn't go as planned. Covid is ruining it all. Bout over it all. 

The season so far has been nothing but disappointing for the college season. If they don’t cancel the Big Ten tournament or the D1 championship, I have a feeling both will be a shell of itself.  

54 minutes ago, Disco said:

The season so far has been nothing but disappointing for the college season. If they don’t cancel the Big Ten tournament or the D1 championship, I have a feeling both will be a shell of itself.  

Yeah....it seems like all teams/wrestlers are being cautious about in season competing anyway so at this point it almost makes sense to abort or abbreviate the regular season and just get to the conf tourneys or even just the NCAA's. It would be tragic to have another championship cancelled. Would they get another Covid year and MIcic could hit double digit college years? I kid, of course....but getting to the NCAA's seems to be the focus so just abandon ship and get the athletes to that date healthy and ready. 

I’m not so sure the coaches or athletes, or involved schools ,will have any say so in whether these tournaments happen. 
You know that they wrestled in face coverings at ASU, in a dual with Michigan the other day. If you call it a dual, like IU and OU. 

Who wrestled in the 2 extra matches?  Any Indiana kids?  

As a side note, I stumbled into this last night (because I don't keep up with emails)....

If you have Hulu Live for TV rather than cable, it now includes Disney+ and ESPN+ in your package.  You just have to activate it.  So if you are paying for either or both separately and have Hulu Live, check it out and save a few bucks.  This went into effect Dec. 21.  Last night, the match popped up in my feed and I clicked on it, thinking it was going to ask for an ESPN+ log in and the event came right up. 

And, like everyone else, I am holding my breath, hoping this season will find a way to completion with most of not all that should be there.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:05 PM, SWINfan said:

Who wrestled in the 2 extra matches?  Any Indiana kids?  

As a side note, I stumbled into this last night (because I don't keep up with emails)....

If you have Hulu Live for TV rather than cable, it now includes Disney+ and ESPN+ in your package.  You just have to activate it.  So if you are paying for either or both separately and have Hulu Live, check it out and save a few bucks.  This went into effect Dec. 21.  Last night, the match popped up in my feed and I clicked on it, thinking it was going to ask for an ESPN+ log in and the event came right up. 

And, like everyone else, I am holding my breath, hoping this season will find a way to completion with most of not all that should be there.

184 - Indiana Shawn Grim loses by pin to Ohio Logan Stanley 

125- Indiana Noah Goshburg wins by Dec. 2-0 to Ohio Tommy Hoskins 

Got some results from night 1 of the Big Ten conference openers - Friday Jan 7!

Penn State smacked around Maryland 46-0.  
- Drew Hildebrandt made his Nittany Lion debut getting a quick first period fall at 125 over Zach Spence..  He'll be a huge addition to PSU's lineup and quest to overtake Iowa for a NC
- Nick Lee was workmanlike with a 19-1 Tech Fall over Danny Bertoni

Purdue knocked off Nebraska 18-15
Sadly, all three Hoosiers dropped their matches for Purdue and Chad Red wasn't in the lineup for the Cornhuskers.
157 - Cooper Noehre dropped a 5-3 SV1 dec to Jevon Parrish
165 - Hayden Lohrey fell 3-1 to Clayton Wilson
197 - Thomas Penola lost a 5-2 decision to Eric Schultz

Northwestern lost 19-15 to Wisconsin
285- Lucas Davison won a 4-3 decision over Trent Hilger

Iowa dominated Minnesota 22-10
157 - Former Brownsburg Bulldog Brayton Lee got a 4-3 win over Kaleb Young.  Lee and Young have had tight battles the last 2 years, each winning 2 of the 4.  Lee won the last two, at the NCAA Tournament last year and tonight.  Close matches, but trending in the right direction.  

Rutgers handled Indiana 29-7 - lots of IN kids in action
125 Jacob Moran lost a 13-2 Major dec to Dylan Shawver
133 Brock Hudkins won by 6-0 dec to Devon Britton
141 Cayden Rooks fell 19-5 to Sebastian Rivera
149 Graham Rooks lost a 6-2 dec to Mike Van Brille
184 In the match of the night DJ Washington dropped a 4-2 dec against John Poznanski, both top 10 ranked wrestlers.  It was DJ's first loss of the year.
197 Nick Willham lost by 9-1 Major to Greg Bulsak

8 hours ago, MattM said:

Wasn’t looking for the upset but did not expect IU to take it in the chin as much as they did against Rutgers.  Hopefully this helps them to keep pushing for the rest of the season.  

Well I think the matches went pretty much to the higher rated wrestler. Rutgers #12 team now

Micic got beat at 141.. It's going to be wild to see Micic and Lee wrestle. As much as I love Micic, I want to see Lee get some revenge from high school state finals! After Micic's loss, I don't see him beating Lee.

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Micic got beat at 141.. It's going to be wild to see Micic and Lee wrestle. As much as I love Micic, I want to see Lee get some revenge from high school state finals! After Micic's loss, I don't see him beating Lee.

AlJoe Biden 2020 Race GIF by Election 2020 

Micic loss …. All bout them matchups , don’t care how good you are . I’m assuming they never wrestled ? Hard to figure out a wrestler in minutes first time wrestling .  Best 2 of 3 I’m taking Micic 2x . He’ll figure him out . Kid might of been funky, ect. ect. ect. Who knows ! 

Micic vs . Lee

Gotta give the edge to Lee,

…. BOOM ! *John Madden voice*

Defending National Champ . Gotta beat the Champ to be The Champ ! 

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

I love watching Stevan wrestle and I admittedly didn't see his 11-5 loss to the #23-ranked kid, but 141 felt like a stretch if he hoped to compete for a title.

If I were him, I wouldn't want to keep cutting down so low either, but it feels like at 141 two assets--length and speed--are diminished in return for emphasizing a weakness (physicality). With that said, he's so technical and so experienced that I'm hoping he'll acclimate to the weight and be ready later in the season when it matters more.

22 minutes ago, maligned said:

I love watching Stevan wrestle and I admittedly didn't see his 11-5 loss to the #23-ranked kid, but 141 felt like a stretch if he hoped to compete for a title.

If I were him, I wouldn't want to keep cutting down so low either, but it feels like at 141 two assets--length and speed--are diminished in return for emphasizing a weakness (physicality). With that said, he's so technical and so experienced that I'm hoping he'll acclimate to the weight and be ready later in the season when it matters more.

Yes this is a marathon 

Micic bounced back with a win vs. Ohio St., but still seems to have a little struggle adding up points in the match.  141 is proving to be a strain for him.   I’d like to see him at 133, but I’m guessing they are keeping him at 141 as the best option for the teams NCAA potential.   Hopeful he continues to make some adjustments over the next few weeks.  

12 hours ago, MattM said:

Micic bounced back with a win vs. Ohio St., but still seems to have a little struggle adding up points in the match.  141 is proving to be a strain for him.   I’d like to see him at 133, but I’m guessing they are keeping him at 141 as the best option for the teams NCAA potential.   Hopeful he continues to make some adjustments over the next few weeks.  

I think he’s looking like his old self. On the other hand mason paris hit the mat running. As he just rolled the dough boy from Ohio State. 

Nick Lee has missed the last duals for the Nittany Lions.  Hopefully, he'll be back AND at full strength for Michigan Friday night!

Really looking forward to that dual (and the Crown Point - Mt. Carmel matchup) even with both at the same time.

Penn St. fans think Kirkvliet is going to beat Mason Parris.  I don't see it, but who knows.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:03 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

#4 Brayton Lee falls to Wisconsin's unranked Model, Lee looked off big time taken down 4x getting controlled... Wasn't himself at all, idk but did anybody else pick up on that? Model wrestled great but something just wasn't right.

A couple nights before Lee beat Robb and has good wins over Young and Sheets. He didn’t look the greatest against Model, but I don’t think it will affect his seeding in the Big Ten or NCAAs.

19 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Nick Lee has missed the last duals for the Nittany Lions.  Hopefully, he'll be back AND at full strength for Michigan Friday night!

Really looking forward to that dual (and the Crown Point - Mt. Carmel matchup) even with both at the same time.

Penn St. fans think Kirkvliet is going to beat Mason Parris.  I don't see it, but who knows.

Kerk looks unreal, he beat Parris in FS shortly after knee surgery is part of their hopes.. It'll be a great match and Schultz won't beat none of the big 3 in the big 10

5 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Kerk looks unreal, he beat Parris in FS shortly after knee surgery is part of their hopes.. It'll be a great match and Schultz won't beat none of the big 3 in the big 10

That's definitely what they are hanging their hat on.  Kerk won 4-4 on criteria.  It's possible he wins, but I still believe the 285 pecking order is:

Gable Steveson

Mason Parris

Everybody else

On 1/17/2022 at 9:00 PM, SWINfan said:

I am making the drive to Ann Arbor to watch Friday, heard Nick missed the last dual due to being a close contact. Hope to see him vs. Micic Friday. Also, could it come down to Parris vs Kerk for the dual, I think it might.