Last vote-in spots for team state

decbell1

1 hour ago, Eaglesnest22 said:

There’s nothing to even think about in 2A. Delta already whooped SA, and beat a very very solid Jay County Team.

Looking at the book I’m not sure whooped is the right word.. Looks like the struggled in 3 matches that could have gone either way… Also rumor has it SOuth Adam’s hasn’t had their full lineup out yet! Give credit where it’s due, the new coach is turning delta around and in the right directions.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:20 PM, Antknee said:

Aren't the teams listed in the Vote In from last April the teams that the committee will be voting on for the final spots in 1A and 2A? @malignedcan you help me out here?

As others suggested, it's open to everyone. Teams with lots of starters back and full lineups are also the teams that scored well in qualifying, so in that regard they'll obviously be looked at closely. But a team full of all-world freshmen at a school that didn't score well in qualifying would get just as much of a look.

It will be interesting on how they vote on this add in spots. Bluffton beat Adams Central who was without people in their lineup (tied but won on criteria) and South Adams(40-36). I believe those scores are right.
One of the fans that was there told me heard from a fan that South Adam’s was out with three varsity wrestlers sick.

Does beating banged up teams help you or will they look at head to head…? I hope Bluffton gets in but not sure we beat Adam central or South Adams if they are full strength. A bunch of quality matches up in the dual with state caliber guys going at it. Will anyone that was there or coaches confirm these things… I’m just a curious fan! 

44 minutes ago, Peopleschamp said:

It will be interesting on how they vote on this add in spots. Bluffton beat Adams Central who was without people in their lineup (tied but won on criteria) and South Adams(40-36). I believe those scores are right.
One of the fans that was there told me heard from a fan that South Adam’s was out with three varsity wrestlers sick.

Does beating banged up teams help you or will they look at head to head…? I hope Bluffton gets in but not sure we beat Adam central or South Adams if they are full strength. A bunch of quality matches up in the dual with state caliber guys going at it. Will anyone that was there or coaches confirm these things… I’m just a curious fan! 

Bluffton - A.C. score was 36-35, not criteria.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, Tenser310 said:

And that 7-0 is not full strength lineup.. got some quarantine issues that will resolve this week and will get to take on Bremen, Tippy Vally, John Glenn, Lakeland and , Luers this Saturday….  Winamac SHOULD be at top of that final vote in spot!!! 

Now 12-0 after beating Bremen, John Glenn, Tippy Valley, Bishop Luers and Lakeland. 

6 minutes ago, Peopleschamp said:

Stop they haven’t wrestle any team worth bragging about!

We can only wrestle who is on our schedule. Not bragging, just sharing. We will bring a full lineup with very competitive wrestlers who thrive in a dual format. 

From what I can see there are a few teams at each with some quality results trying to get in at each class! It will be fun to see who is selected!

1A

Bremen 

Bluffton

Cascade

South Adams

Winimac

2A

Delta

Monrovia

Owen Valley

Norwell

Mount Vernon Posey

3A 

Roncalli

Hobart

4A

Carmel

Westfield

HSE

Warren Central

Zionsville

A fun final week ahead can't wait to see who gets in. Good luck to all the teams still trying to get in! Sorry if I missed anyone but feel like these are the teams throwing their name out there and they have solid results!

Edited by QuinnHarris

5 hours ago, Knights said:

Norwell has won against a good New Haven team. Placed 6th at Westfield and held their own against Bellmont the #1 team. Norwell is my choice for the last spot. 

Held their own? Lost by around 30 with Bellmont having 4 JVs in the lineup.

Edited by littlevito

I am definitely biased but Jimtown should also be right in the mix for final vote in spot in 2a. Return 12 starters from a team that placed 7th last year 1 a state placer, 2 semi state ticket rounders, and another semi state qualifier. 

I understand there are a lot of quality 2a teams trying to get that last spot and I think we stack up with any of them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.