Where are the Results??

base

Lots of wrestling action yesterday in the opening weekend of IHSAA wrestling - and no results entered?!

Come on coaches - surely you can ask one of your assistants, managers or even wrestlers to enter at least the team scores after your matches?  Joe has developed and provided an excellent free resource to support and grow the wrestling fan base.. and yet those of us that are remote have no way of tracking the scores week to week.

As a wrestling community, if we want to get more support and reporting coverage - then we have to help ourselves out.  It should take about 5 minutes (maybe 15 if you are a slow typer and you are willing to enter all the individual results) to go through your scorebook and hit the Submit button.  Maybe someone can get some support from Robert Faulkens to encourage coaches to enter results for the betterment of the sport?

Amen, you beat me to it. Clearly the team results are important, but it's the individual results that capture attention. This site and the magazine are testaments to the power of individual results. I know everyone is swamped, but if you're on the site anyway, why not take a bit more time and finish the job.

Joe, for those who are super lazy like myself who would rather take a photo of my credit card than type it in every purchase I make online; is it possible to simply take a photo of the book after the match and upload a photo?

21 minutes ago, Gasman said:

Joe, for those who are super lazy like myself who would rather take a photo of my credit card than type it in every purchase I make online; is it possible to simply take a photo of the book after the match and upload a photo?

You can upload an attachment on dual meet results, so yes. It's better than nothing.

14 minutes ago, Gasman said:

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Obviously, I'm not Joe and I've never done it, but you should be able to start a Dual result from your phone and then take photo (.jpg) and insert it into the details section at the bottom.

I take screen shots (.jpg) from Track all the time and insert them into the details section. It shouldn't be much different.

1 hour ago, RAJR said:

I just noticed the trackwrestling link under Results.  Dang, that's nice!  May have been there forever but mentioning it just in case others were in the dark like I was. lol

It's been there about a week. It's a direct link to the Indiana season on TrackWrestling. That way you don't have to click 800 times to get to it.

Sometimes I sneak stuff on the site that I use a lot that maybe a few others will utilize.

I'm mind blown at people not posting results...we are supposed to be promoting our sport...hiding the lineup isn't going to do anything for anybody if that's the thought process...if you don't have track wrestling i get it...but if you have track and use the stats program then you're already entering it all in, so it's not hard to post a screen shot

23 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It's been there about a week. It's a direct link to the Indiana season on TrackWrestling. That way you don't have to click 800 times to get to it.

Sometimes I sneak stuff on the site that I use a lot that maybe a few others will utilize.

I noticed it .  Awesome addition!

Something like that, not sure that it is in my contract though

7 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

@mikemorgan No worries, Brownsburg got the results legend now ! Mr. Morgan will be at the top of his game in this category with Brownsburg results this year . This is what Synder hired him to do according to #TheCountyTMZ undercover findings . 200.gif 

22 hours ago, nkraus said:

I'm mind blown at people not posting results...we are supposed to be promoting our sport...hiding the lineup isn't going to do anything for anybody if that's the thought process...if you don't have track wrestling i get it...but if you have track and use the stats program then you're already entering it all in, so it's not hard to post a screen shot

I agree as sad as it is, I feel like a lot of team are avoiding “showing their hand”.  Who cares post your dual and your lineup… 

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Go to the team's page

Can’t search for specific team there either.  Only does sort.  Looks like doing a general search and wade through all info about that team is best/fastest.    Can’t complain, we have access to the best wrestling site in the country !  Thank you team Gorilla💪💪💪

45 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Can’t search for specific team there either.  Only does sort.  Looks like doing a general search and wade through all info about that team is best/fastest.    Can’t complain, we have access to the best wrestling site in the country !  Thank you team Gorilla💪💪💪

Go to Homepage->Teams->Indiana then your favorite team.

I have changed the default view to seeing the last updated/added duals. 

I am going to tinker with the area this weekend. If you have any suggestions, especially with examples of other sites post them here. I am very open to making it as user friendly as possible.

I am hoping that preloading the duals helps make it easier for coaches/fans/others to add scores and results.

14 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I am going to tinker with the area this weekend. If you have any suggestions, especially with examples of other sites post them here. I am very open to making it as user friendly as possible.

I am hoping that preloading the duals helps make it easier for coaches/fans/others to add scores and results.

I for one, am extremely appreciative of the work that has been done to improve the website. It sure makes the head coaches job a lot easier to enter those results now that they are preloaded. Thanks, Joe and staff!

2 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Here's what I would suggest - first separate them into "Past Duals" and "Upcoming Duals"

I think it would be good to group them so each page is a one-week chunk, showing the Dates covered along the top (ex: Sunday, Nov 14 - Saturday, Nov20)

Default the view to "Past Duals" and current week

For each week's page, show a sub-header for each Day with matches - with most recent (latest date) at the top

Under each day section, list matches with Details first, then matches with Scores, and finally matches that are just 0-0

For me, this would allow me to quickly glance through one week at a time.  Here's an example of what I am thinking:

< Previous Week     Sunday, Nov 14      Saturday, Nov 20   Next Week>

Saturday November 20

Details  Perry Meridian  40          Details  Brownsburg 40

Crown Point      40                       Mater Dei     40

FW Carroll   0

Delta            0

Friday November 19

Thursday November 18

3 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Thanks, we do have a calendar function here that I have tried to use in the past, but have yet to link it correctly.

https://indianamat.com/index.php?/calendar/

It's basically how I'd love to make the results and schedule area with easier navigation.

Calendar looks great to me - however I don't know whether you'd be able to link the Calendar "Events" to your "Results" database or not.  Appreciate all your effort to continually improve the site

18 hours ago, KBCclan said:

Confused by this filter…I only want to see results that show details in meet results. It is not cooperating with me. 🤪

96AEF8BB-3CD5-4B75-8C8C-79E8522BA05B.jpeg

Quite simple.... has details means it has details. Actually it is a field I don't use any more, but still in there. Details are sorting by the details which is kinda hard because of what the field contains.

But I just took the Has Details one out from viewing since it doesn't do anything any more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.