Hair Rules

Coach Nieman

4 hours ago, Coach Nieman said:

Could someone give me a reminder of the rules in regards to long hair now? It's changed a lot in the last several years and I can't find my rule book.

Rule 4-2 sec 2 (in part) Physical hair treatment items that are hard and/or abrasive such as (beads, bobby pins, barrettes, pins, hair clips, etc. or any other hair control device) shall not be permitted. A legal device hair-controlled such as rubber band(s) shall be secured so as not to come out readily during wrestling. A wrestler may contain his/her hair in a legal hair cover. The legal hair cover, if worn, shall be attached to the ear guards. A bandanna is not considered legal hair covering. The legal hair covering must be of a solid material and be nonabrasive. The wrestler opting to wear a legal hair cover must wear it to the weigh-in procedure and be checked for grooming with it on. The legal hair cover must be removed prior to the wrestler stepping on the scale to be weighed. If the referee is not present at weigh-ins, the hair cover must be checked by the meet referee upon arrival at the site.

Edited by feez

2 hours ago, feez said:

Rule 4-2 sec 2 (in part) Physical hair treatment items that are hard and/or abrasive such as (beads, bobby pins, barrettes, pins, hair clips, etc. or any other hair control device) shall not be permitted. A legal device hair-controlled such as rubber band(s) shall be secured so as not to come out readily during wrestling. A wrestler may contain his/her in a legal hair cover. The legal hair cover, if worn, shall be attached to the ear guards. A bandanna is not considered legal hair covering. The legal hair covering must be of a solid material and be nonabrasive. The wrestler opting to wear a legal hair cover must wear it to the weigh-in procedure and be checked for grooming with it on. The legal hair cover must be removed prior to the wrestler stepping on the scale to be weighed. If the referee is not present at weigh-ins, the hair cover must be checked by the meet referee upon arrival at the site.

Thank you. I thought this was the case now, but wanted to make sure.

I know my coach had to cut my mullet back in the day and I wasn't too happy about it.  Needless to say, my coach wasn't a barber and wasn't worried, at all, what it looked like, as long as the refs gave the thumbs up.  Man, that thing was a work of art and was ruined. 😀  That's all, carry on with the actual productive discussion.

Edited by Hornet Coach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.