BIG scheduling changes in NE Indiana (NE8 openings)

ENoblewrestling

Next season all of the NE8 schools will be looking for four duals as we are switching the format of our current regular season dual schedule.

I would argue that all 8 of the teams field competitive rosters that would be a solid addition to most teams schedules. Most usually have full rosters, and several JV kids.

The NE8 consists of:

Bellmont

Columbia City

Dekalb

East Noble

Huntington North

Leo

New Haven

Norwell

Edited by ENoblewrestling

• ENoblewrestling changed the title to BIG scheduling changes in NE Indiana (NE8 openings)
9 minutes ago, ENoblewrestling said:

Next season all of the NE8 schools will be looking for four duals as we are switching the format of our current regular season dual schedule.

I would argue that all 8 of the teams field competitive rosters that would be a solid addition to most teams schedules. Most usually have full rosters, and several JV kids.

The NE8 consists of:

Bellmont

Columbia City

Dekalb

East Noble

Huntington North

Leo

New Haven

Norwell

This conference should add Heritage and Jay County...similar in size. Divide into North/South Divisions in things like football then do a placement crossover last week of the season. Our sport obviously would have a ten team tournament., same with swimming, golf etc... 

• 2 weeks later...

Very short-sighted decision by the NE8 brass. I can understand going to two conference duals and then a 5-way, but eliminating great rivalry matches during the week hurts the sport. 

Less people will come to the conference two-day event than the weeknight events. We also lose some great weeknight matches like Bellmont vs Columbia City, Leo vs. East Noble, etc. This hurts our sport when we lose these rivalries that would bring in great crowds on a weeknight for casual fans. These teams are going to find it difficult to find good replacement matches and ones that can bring in some significance to bring in fans.

I agree, not a fan of the two-day dual event trend for conference.  CIC started that a few years ago and I know several fans who no longer attend, including myself.  If they want to do a team conference champ for an IHSAA recognized individual sport, at least do it with duals during the week. IMO, it should be an individual tournament which also leaves no doubt about the champ. I understand some of the thinking behind the format and some coaches and ADs like it, as a fan, hate it.

Columbia City will now be looking for 4 duals to replace these. I am looking to host 2, and visit 2.

I am looking for bigger, competitive, and well traveled teams. We lose a lot of door money with the loss of our conference duals, I am trying to replace that a little bit. 

Can message here, email blaneculp@hotmail.com, or call/text 260 609 1739

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.