Wrestling room size/roster size

rookie78

Think this has been put on a time or two before somewhere, but asking for some help.

We have a pretty good size team this year, 41-42 kids and usually average 30+ kids. Our wrestling room is decent sized and holds 1 full mat and 2/3rds of another.

Wondering your wrestling room size (number of mats it holds) and roster size.  Not sure if it would ever happen in my lifetime, but would love to get a larger room at Prairie Heights. If it helps, our enrollment is around 430 kids at the HS.

Thanks for your help.

IMG_20211105_225653_113.jpg

Edited by rookie78
Spelling

• rookie78 changed the title to Wrestling room size/roster size

12AC47B4-DE9C-44FB-A8AE-1C5DF2592143.thumb.png.aabfa3ea047b212832d66311c630695a.png
The Brownsburg room is massive. When my oldest son was being recruited the Brownsburg coaches took a D1 college coach up to that room and he was amazed. Bigger and nicer then the majority of college rooms. It’s very nice. 

Edited by Mattyb

Martinsville's new room is almost complete. It will house 3 40x40 mats. Total room size is 42x120 5,000+ square feet. 

New mats are on the way. When I competed I had a room that was 30x30. Upgraded to 30x90 when I started coaching. Now we are in a  42x120. 

We have roughly 25-30 kids on the high school team. 40 on middle school. 40 on Elementary. 

All 3 programs operate out of 1 single room. It's the only wrestling facility we have in the district. 

IMG_20211027_194338_944.jpg.48b6b2ffcc061485c8a06b80e672c6b3.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_20211026_204533_377.jpg

IMG_20211020_140946_054.jpg

Culver Community’s room holds about 2/3 of a full mat. We are extremely low on varsity numbers, but our intramural youth program has over 40 this season. We had to haul a mat down to the elementary school and hold youth practices in that gym. Gym teacher down there was generous enough to let us store them on the stage, so we don’t have to haul back and forth for every practice. 

Yorktown we have 2 full size mats one runs up along the wall a bit so really it’s closer to 1 3/4 we have around 30 on our high school team and 35 for elementary. Our middle school is also currently under construction so middle school and elementary are sharing the room with middle school having about 45 kids

Well South Adams is currently in a closet that doesn’t fit one whole mat, which includes a pillar in the middle of the room. Roughly 20 kids on the roster, and a few middle school wrestlers that pop up before their season starts. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Well South Adams is currently in a closet that doesn’t fit one whole mat, which includes a pillar in the middle of the room. Roughly 20 kids on the roster, and a few middle school wrestlers that pop up before their season starts. 

I lol'd, but yeah....that sucks.  Considering what AC has now.....SA shouldn't be too far behind in upgrades.

On 11/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, rookie78 said:

I'd say 10% of the total student population is a great goal to attain.  Congrats, Mr. Smith.

**************************************************************************************

Think this has been put on a time or two before somewhere, but asking for some help.

We have a pretty good size team this year, 41-42 kids and usually average 30+ kids. Our wrestling room is decent sized and holds 1 full mat and 2/3rds of another.

Wondering your wrestling room size (number of mats it holds) and roster size.  Not sure if it would ever happen in my lifetime, but would love to get a larger room at Prairie Heights. If it helps, our enrollment is around 430 kids at the HS.

Thanks for your help.

IMG_20211105_225653_113.jpg

HSE is shockingly small for a 6A school. We have 2 full mats and a workout space on one end.

65 kids in HS, 150 in club but we split into 3 classes and seldom have more than 45 club kids at once.

JH schools (there are 4) all have to use Aux gyms or cafeteria spaces for practice.

whole wrestling area is on the master plan for a redo in 2026. Can’t come soon enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.