Lee vs Mendez

Jayruss

I believe with the Covid year and Jesse projected at 141 for the Buckeyes that should mean that there’s a potential Nick Lee vs Jesse Mendez matchup looming? Frosh Mendez vs. Sr. Lee, does Mendez pull off the upset, keep it close, or does Lee major him ?

57 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Lee, Red, and Micic are all done after this year. The only option to see and of these guys wrestle Mendez is in freestyle.

I guess I will turn this into a hypothetical again, and I misunderstood the free Covid year!

On 11/5/2021 at 9:03 PM, Jayruss said:

I guess I will turn this into a hypothetical again, and I misunderstood the free Covid year!

2020 - 2021 was a free year.  The Covid year (2019-2020) counted even though there was no National Tournament.  Nick wrestled 4 straight years, taking no redshirt, so last year would have been his senior year. With it not counting, he is back for his Senior+ year this year.  In theory, if Nick redshirted this year, he could return next year.  But that's not happening.   Hope that helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.