Mendez makes it official tomorrow!

Y2CJ41

Which school does Mendez choose?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which school does Jesse Mendez choose?

• Indiana
    • Penn State
    • Iowa
    • Ohio State
    • Michigan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2021 at 01:00 PM

While I think Ohio state, Michigan is close and has ,maybe, a better practice situation for him. I don’t think Pennsylvania State or Iowa, the big two, steal Jesse. Although good for the indiana program and Angel , I’m of the impression that Indiana maybe a fall back program ,if wherever he goes doesn’t work out. But main thing is I hope he can stay injury free and hammer out some AA placements at nationals.  

Man Ohio state is putting together a class.... number 1,2,3 in the country. In addition to some top 100 guys. 

Hopefully Ohio state will have some Indiana flavor in the varsity lineup over the next few years with Hall and Mendez

Hurts IU to see another stud go out of state. On a positive note, it's good to see IU starting to get mentioned by some of these Elite guys.

Congratulations to @Sig40 and the whole family

Edited by formercollegekid

10 minutes ago, regionrat1 said:

Surprised he is going to OSU - they have a log jam at 141 . Is he going to be a 133 pounder. To bad we can keep the talent home. 

Bouzakis is a 133lber and coming in with Jesse, which is an area of need. They have Sasso for another three years at 149(maybe bump up). Then at 141 they have Jordan Decatur, Dylan D'emilio, and Anthony Echemendia. Decatur and Echemendia both have redshirts available. 

Jesse is a 141lber likely for life and 65kg for international. Definitely lots of logistics to work out in Columbus.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Bouzakis is a 133lber and coming in with Jesse, which is an area of need. They have Sasso for another three years at 149(maybe bump up). Then at 141 they have Jordan Decatur, Dylan D'emilio, and Anthony Echemendia. Decatur and Echemendia both have redshirts available. 

Jesse is a 141lber likely for life and 65kg for international. Definitely lots of logistics to work out in Columbus.

I think Echemendia is a bust, and the other two guys don’t hold a candle to Jesse. May be a lot of big names at his weight, but nothing unmanageable. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.