Carroll VS Parris

Wrestlingfan937

Carroll Vs Parris State Finals  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Both seniors at 220, under the lights! who do you have your money on?!

Lets imagine these two cross paths in high school. Lets make them both Seniors in high school and they are now in the state finals fighting against each other for a title. Who do you have your money on?! Can we compare these two wrestlers yet? 

Edited by Wrestlingfan937

On 10/29/2021 at 11:57 PM, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Lets imagine these two cross paths in high school. Lets make them both Seniors in high school and they are now in the state finals fighting against each other for a title. Who do you have your money on?! Can we compare these two wrestlers yet? 

Way 2 early.  in fact Parris wins this because of his 3 titles in high school.  End of discussion.

It's not the end of the discussion.  Christian Carroll could absolutely beat Mason Parris.  Parris may have more state titles, but Carroll has won many tournaments that Parris did not.  He is also ranked #1 in the country prior to his jr year, which is something that Parris can't claim.  I think it is likely that Carroll wins 220 last season if he had been eligible.  As an athlete, Parris may have the edge.  At this same point of their careers (both entering Jr year in HS), I think it is likely that Carroll is the better wrestler.

27 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

It's not the end of the discussion.  Christian Carroll could absolutely beat Mason Parris.  Parris may have more state titles, but Carroll has won many tournaments that Parris did not.  He is also ranked #1 in the country prior to his jr year, which is something that Parris can't claim.  I think it is likely that Carroll wins 220 last season if he had been eligible.  As an athlete, Parris may have the edge.  At this same point of their careers (both entering Jr year in HS), I think it is likely that Carroll is the better wrestler.

Parris didn't win those tournaments cause he didn't wrestle them... he also barely wrestled free style until after his senior year. Also his sophomore year he won state in a loaded weight class.  Unfortunately I've never seen Carroll wrestle outside of high light videos so I'm not the best judge but I don't think you can base it off of accomplishments. 

23 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Hypothetically.  In my opinion you are talking about things that are subjective.  I saw Mason Parris pin his guy in :30 seconds at Who’s #1. That was objective.  I think he had 200 plus pins. In High School.  There is no way to objectively state either way who is the better wrestler.  I’m just not leap frogging anyone over who I consider to be Indiana’s greatest wrestler ever.  We have not seen a better heavyweight.  You can try and throw in the off-season stuff;  when people look back in History they will read about the 3 state titles and the one loss to a senior state champion by a point in the Semifinals at 182.  If you don’t know the people and you read one guy got 3 and the other guy got 1, maybe 2.  3 is more than 2 and definitely more than one. So based upon that: End of discussion.   Now if we are projecting: Say whatever.

I think that this conversation can't really happen until Carroll finishes his senior year. We are trying to compare Mason Parris, who we already knew how good he was at the end of his senior year, to Christian Carroll, who is only barely more than halfway through his high school career. Mason Parris was a monster, and I think there's definitely an argument for who would win if senior year Parris wrestled current year Carroll, but I personally believe that Christian is improving at a faster rate than almost anybody else in the country, and even with how good he is now, he could be a lot better by his senior year.

7 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Then it was Flonationals. Either way the other guy was ranked #1.  I think the guy tried to fight him too. If you can’t beat me in wrestling you definitely can’t beat me in a fight.

Yeah I remember that, his name was Brian Kennerly. I think he went to Virginia to wrestle for a bit. He did punch Mason after the match, and Mason literally laughed it off.

10 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Then it was Flonationals. Either way the other guy was ranked #1.  I think the guy tried to fight him too. If you can’t beat me in wrestling you definitely can’t beat me in a fight.

In 2017 he won FloNationals defeating Brian Kennerly of Pennsylvania who was ranked #10 by Flo at that time. 

In 2018 he won FloNationals defeating Michael Wolfgram of Pennsylvania who was unranked by Flo at that time.

Both matches were pins, but neither were in 30 seconds or close to that.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Hypothetically.  In my opinion you are talking about things that are subjective.  I saw Mason Parris pin his guy in :30 seconds at Who’s #1. That was objective.  I think he had 200 plus pins. In High School.  There is no way to objectively state either way who is the better wrestler.  I’m just not leap frogging anyone over who I consider to be Indiana’s greatest wrestler ever.  We have not seen a better heavyweight.  You can try and throw in the off-season stuff;  when people look back in History they will read about the 3 state titles and the one loss to a senior state champion by a point in the Semifinals at 182.  If you don’t know the people and you read one guy got 3 and the other guy got 1, maybe 2.  3 is more than 2 and definitely more than one. So based upon that: End of discussion.   Now if we are projecting: Say whatever.

Mason was 206-1 in HS, and 4 of his wins at state were not by pin, so I'm going to guess that he did not have 200+ pins.  Either way, mason is definitely one of the best ever in the state (maybe the best ever).  But to completely dismiss Carroll is kind of ridiculous.  The kid just crushed everybody at the Super 32.  He's ranked #1 in the country for a reason.  This would be a helluva match up. 

5 minutes ago, ReformedPoster said:

Mason was 206-1 in HS, and 4 of his wins at state were not by pin, so I'm going to guess that he did not have 200+ pins.  Either way, mason is definitely one of the best ever in the state (maybe the best ever).  But to completely dismiss Carroll is kind of ridiculous.  The kid just crushed everybody at the Super 32.  He's ranked #1 in the country for a reason.  This would be a helluva match up. 

The pole states otherwise 

32 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

In 2017 he won FloNationals defeating Brian Kennerly of Pennsylvania who was ranked #10 by Flo at that time. 

In 2018 he won FloNationals defeating Michael Wolfgram of Pennsylvania who was unranked by Flo at that time.

Both matches were pins, but neither were in 30 seconds or close to that.

I was going off memory and I find oftentimes it does get grander with time.  Either way he was a bad boy and for my taste the best in Indiana that I’ve seen purely in High School.  No disrespect to whom ever someone else likes.

2 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Mason Parris = Junior World Champion. I know this was after HS but still.... Amos was the Junior world champ at Carroll's weight and he pretty much man handled him. Take nothing away from Carroll, He is extremely tough and good!

Senior Year, Joe Hansen, not college! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.