Toughest Regular Season Tournament

Paycheck141

I know Ohio has a couple of tough ones with Brecksville and Top Gun, Oklahoma has Geary, and PA has Escape the Rock, and Powerade, but in my time in Indiana I would say the Al Smith is the closest thing to the state tournament that I’ve witnessed in this state. 

On 10/26/2021 at 8:16 PM, nkraus said:

lol...i took 5th at Al Smith and then 3rd at state...my first placer at Garrett, Bo Davis, went 1-2 at Al Smith, then took 3rd at state...(he did beat the al smith champion Saturday morning at State...

Fielden never made the Al Smith Finals, but made it under the lights twice...(beat kids at state who beat him at al smith)

I won more state titles than Al Smith titles 😅 

On 10/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, ontherise219 said:

Al smith is always a great tournament, Steve continues to make it tougher every year

Triacoff always has great teams 5 duals, Cp being out hurt last year. 

westfield has done a great job of building up their Duals bringing in new squads every year 

Mater dei holiday classic- anytime you have a team like mater dei with their studs then you reach outside the state to bring in tough out of state teams is great 

Crown Point is building something special with the Caranhan some top teams from Ohio, Michigan illinois and Brownsburg and Crown Point that thing will be so good. The exciting thing is they want to add more talented teams every year. 
Out of state teams 

St Paris Grahm OH, Legacy Christian OH, Marmian Catholic IL, Homewood Flossmor IL,  Davison MI,  Lowell Mi,Elyria OH 

I second MD's Holiday Classic, as well as the Al Smith too. Good call @ontherise219

On 10/27/2021 at 9:41 AM, Mattyb said:

Crown Point has done a great job getting great teams to this. Going to be awesome. 

Brownsburgs schedule is nasty….

Brecksville

Carnahan

Grappler Gold in Michigan 

Harrison Duals In Ohio

HCC conference 

Team State

All very tough. Trending to a National schedule (as much as the IHSAA will allow). These kids will be battle tested. 

Duals against the following teams also.

Columbus East

Avon

Westfield

Perry Meridian 

Ben Davis

I tip my hat to Brownsburg for this. To be a top tier program in the nation, you have to branch out and take on all the competition you can. Respect.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:51 PM, Stith said:

I tried like hell! But Holden was just a better wrestler than me and my luck ran out first round 😂

My dad said he was watching you at Connersville one time and you threw some kid in a headlock to his back then you started tongue flicking the crowd. The guys dad tried to fight your dad but your dad punked him out lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, BrennanFan said:

My dad said he was watching you at Connersville one time and you threw some kid in a headlock to his back then you started tongue flicking the crowd. The guys dad tried to fight your dad but your dad punked him out lol. 

Lol damn yes sadly it’s true. I got beat the round before on what I thought was a bad call so during wrestle backs I was just trying be a A-hole to everyone I guess. My dad had no idea what was going on he was just acting on instinct. My team thought it was hilarious, my coach not so much. I think I mopped mats everyday for the next year lol. 

On 12/16/2021 at 5:23 PM, Stith said:

Lol damn yes sadly it’s true. I got beat the round before on what I thought was a bad call so during wrestle backs I was just trying be a A-hole to everyone I guess. My dad had no idea what was going on he was just acting on instinct. My team thought it was hilarious, my coach not so much. I think I mopped mats everyday for the next year lol. 

Legend!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.