Mater Dei lineup?

ColdSkifan

I'm curious if anyone might have some insight, and be at liberty to share, on MD's projected lineup by weight this season.  Specifically, where do Boots and Critchfield slot between 195 and 220, assuming Ralph is back at HWT?  Or is Sollars going 195?

Hunter May at 145 or 152, if in fact he did transfer in from FC as I think I read in an earlier thread?  

Also, on a secondary topic, any word on when the IndianaMat season preview magazine comes out?  Apologies if I missed it mentioned somewhere else.

Thanks much, 937.  I brain-cramped on the timeline, but I do recall now that was the timeline last year.  I always look forward to the release as the folks who put it together really do a terrific job with the magazine.

Certainly hope the Indiana entries do well in the Super 32 and that all Indiana kids across the state have a great and healthy season as the regular season gets underway here soon.  Kind regards! 

Not sure about all the weights but I’ll give it a try. 

106- Schafer 9

113- Seng 11

120- Egli 12

126- Folz 10

132- Vanover 10

138- Hermann 11

145- Hayhurst 12

152- May 10

160- Turner 10

170- Bauman 12

182- Martin 11

195- Sollars 12

220- Critchfield 12

285- Ralph 12

That’s a pretty solid lineup that can contend for the title. I think it’s a 3 horse race between MD, Brownsburg, and Crown Point. 

Edited by 12andcounting

I can see Sollars, Bauman, and Critchfield in the finals. Hayhurst, May, Seng, Egli, could make the semifinals or better and Schafer and Ralph could score points. It all depends on draws and how they all develop throughout the year. Going to be an exciting year of wrestling. 

2 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

With Mendoza rumored to be at CP. and the reemergence of Sam Goin....I don’t know.  It’s gonna be close down at “Da Bridge”,  Add in Da Bulldogs of B-Burg and now we have a battle for the ages.  

Mendoza is at MT Carmel 

On 10/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, 12andcounting said:

106- Schafer 9

113- Seng 11

120- Egli 12

126- Folz 10

132- Vanover 10

138- Hermann 11

145- Hayhurst 12

152- May 10

160- Turner 10

170- Bauman 12

182- Martin 11

195- Sollars 12

220- Critchfield 12

285- Ralph 12

That’s a pretty solid lineup that can contend for the title. I think it’s a 3 horse race between MD, Brownsburg, and Crown Point. 

I think you are correct that this is the likely lineup.

138 Hermann is a senior.  Don't know that he's a lock for the spot, but then again I don't know who else is there to take it.  So he very well could be. 

I think May and Hayhurst might flip flop, but not sure.  May is listed at 155 on the football roster, but my eyes tell me he doesn't look that big.

182 might be Eli McDurmon.  Pretty sure that Martin is listed right around 200 lbs on the football roster.  Don't know if that is his real weight or not.  But might be a tough cut for him to get to 182.

I think MD gets 2 champs in Baumann and Sollars.  Schafer, Seng, Egli, Hayhurst, and May are all capable of being semi finalist at least.  Haven't seen critchfield, but he won the IHPO, so I gotta think he's a semi-finalist at least.  Ralph can qualify and could get some team points.  The others are unproven, but there could be a state qualifier or two in that group.  Very solid line up that will be in the running on Saturday night.  As always, the draw will go a long way in determining what happens.  Got to give yourself a chance for a good draw with a good performance at semi state the week before.

2 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

I think you are correct that this is the likely lineup.

138 Hermann is a senior.  Don't know that he's a lock for the spot, but then again I don't know who else is there to take it.  So he very well could be. 

I think May and Hayhurst might flip flop, but not sure.  May is listed at 155 on the football roster, but my eyes tell me he doesn't look that big.

182 might be Eli McDurmon.  Pretty sure that Martin is listed right around 200 lbs on the football roster.  Don't know if that is his real weight or not.  But might be a tough cut for him to get to 182.

I think MD gets 2 champs in Baumann and Sollars.  Schafer, Seng, Egli, Hayhurst, and May are all capable of being semi finalist at least.  Haven't seen critchfield, but he won the IHPO, so I gotta think he's a semi-finalist at least.  Ralph can qualify and could get some team points.  The others are unproven, but there could be a state qualifier or two in that group.  Very solid line up that will be in the running on Saturday night.  As always, the draw will go a long way in determining what happens.  Got to give yourself a chance for a good draw with a good performance at semi state the week before.

Meh.

106- Schafer 9

113- Seng 11

120- Egli 12

126- Folz 10

132- Vanover 10

138- Hermann 11

145- Hayhurst 12

152- May 10

160- Turner 10

170- Bauman 12

182- Martin 11

195- Sollars 12

220- Critchfield 12

285- Ralph 12

Without looking at lineups in detail, my gut tells me Brownsburg is probably the team to beat

106- Schafer 9

113- Seng 11

120- Egli 12

126- Folz 10

132- Vanover 10

138- Hermann 11

145- Hayhurst 12

152- May 10

160- Turner 10

170- Bauman 12

182- Martin 11

195- Sollars 12

220- Critchfield 12

285- Ralph 12

I think this lineup is very close with the exception of a possible shift or two between 38 and 60.  

On 10/19/2021 at 7:25 PM, SWINfan said:

Without looking at lineups in detail, my gut tells me Brownsburg is probably the team to beat

It’s going to be a toss up. CP and Brownsburg have a lot of talent down low and might pick each other off early. MD has a totally different lineup than usual. They are strong from 145 to 285. Of course MD has a few down low to score points, CP has a few upper weights. It will be an exciting year for sure. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.