Most anticipated matches in Indiana that didn't happen or couldn't happen

If Asa goes 141 we could also see Garcia vs Nick Lee. That might also be interesting, heck we could see Lee vs Micic round 2, Micic vs Asa and Asa vs Lee. As long as Covid doesn't screw it up. Has Lee wrestled Micic in college yet?

8 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

If Asa goes 141 we could also see Garcia vs Nick Lee. That might also be interesting, heck we could see Lee vs Micic round 2, Micic vs Asa and Asa vs Lee. As long as Covid doesn't screw it up. Has Lee wrestled Micic in college yet?

No but I think Lee wins this one easily.   Lee has improved more than anyone I’ve seen since he’s been in college.

22 hours ago, Ahawkeye said:

Micic isn't a 141 lber.  Never wrestled above 133.  Been at that weight the last 6 years.  His 1st 2 years of an 8 year college career were at 125

On 8/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, Ahawkeye said:

I'm not sure how interesting it would be.  I think Lee wins rather easily vs Asa.  Won't hazard a guess about the score, but I don't think Asa would really threaten Lee at 141 right now.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, ReformedPoster said:

I'm not sure how interesting it would be.  I think Lee wins rather easily vs Asa.  Won't hazard a guess about the score, but I don't think Asa would really threaten Lee at 141 right now.

I don't think so either but we all know how good Asa is and to witness what might happen would be an eye opener in my opinion. Obviously I'm a big MD fan and a big Lee fan, I want to be clear, Asa is a heck of a wrestler and would certainly give his best effort but to see the match up in my opinion would be interesting.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:15 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

In high school we wouldn’t have wrestled.  I was a 119 pounder.  But if he made the cut;  no contest I’d take me.

Lol I never wrestled below 130 in HS.. You'd def win cuz I'd be a corpse with no heart beat.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

On 9/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, jknudsen said:

Did Nate Moore from PM and Jake O'Brien from FC ever wrestle? I thought they might have. If not, that would have been an excellent match. 

Nate bumped up for an early season tournament and for another, Team State(?), and won both.

I never brought this up at Purdue, so I'm surprised I remember.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:38 AM, bbulldog152 said:

two anticipated matches that never happened in IHSAA season that comes to mine that could have happened is Cody Phillips vs Brenden Campbell and Phillips vs Kyle Ayersman. 

Freshman Campbell was 35-0 and setting up huge regional, semi state, state finals matches with unbeaten Phillips before his appendix burst before the tournament began..Imho Campbell beats him and wins a state title that year.. Campbell top 10 best to never win a state title in Indiana, that I've seen....

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.