Ben wissel is the new AD/ Head wrestling coach for the Richmond Red Devils

Assuming his departure from New Castle is related to the fallout from the GenHeavyHandz/FCFIGHTER170 match not happening…

On 7/8/2021 at 8:01 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I've reached out to coach Black and now trying to get it organized with the AD Aka Ben Wissel, I told him I'm willing to pay in order to have it done, told him we trying get a exhibition done on Sunday 1-1-1.. I'll update you when I hear back from him.

Really hated to see him go.. Great guy, I hope we get another aAD that actually cares about other sports besides basketball... Our big wigs since Bergum haven't gave a crap about wrestling.. Even to the point one of them Didn't want is having a storage closet we built and wanted to use it for other stuff.. Straight turd that dude was... NC had smallest room ever for a solid program and hardly got any support from the school .. Makes me mad when I start thinking about it.. Win 30 sectionals in a row, numerous regional and conference titles and make it to team state and hardly get on the front sports page.. Then not return my calls when I'm literally begging up volunteer and help the school with youth program...

So now I just train kids from different schools and the youth club that's a separate entity sometimes.. There's good things going on at NC Now, we are on the up and it's the community that's behind the kids and I love it.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Sad to hear that. Kids programs are very important! A solid kids program = solid high school program in the coming years. I just wish we could see stronger kids programs in our area. I think the article mentions that wissel plans on building onto the kids program in Richmond. 

3 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Really hated to see him go.. Great guy, I hope we get another aAD that actually cares about other sports besides basketball... Our big wigs since Bergum haven't gave a crap about wrestling.. Even to the point one of them Didn't want is having a storage closet we built and wanted to use it for other stuff.. Straight turd that dude was... NC had smallest room ever for a solid program and hardly got any support from the school .. Makes me mad when I start thinking about it.. Win 30 sectionals in a row, numerous regional and conference titles and make it to team state and hardly get on the front sports page.. Then not return my calls when I'm literally begging up volunteer and help the school with youth program...

So now I just train kids from different schools and the youth club that's a separate entity sometimes.. There's good things going on at NC Now, we are on the up and it's the community that's behind the kids and I love it.

Do you know if he plans on running any open mat in Richmond? 

On 8/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Stay with it, the state is slowly getting and learning about wrestling, but it ain’t just wrestling, all sports other than football, basketball, sometimes get shuffled to the back by ignorant ADs. 

On 8/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

We had an AD at Marion High that was only worried about the basketball and it cost us an invitational we hosted every other year with Western being the other host. The year we were scheduled to host our AD said for an 8 team invitational we were gonna hire one official and run one mat and have to be out of the gym by 3!!! Coach Swinson at the time and others expressed how this could not work, but it went upon deaf ears. Western ended up hosting it since and has done a great job! Excellent hospitality and competition. This was an obstacle we had as a “basketball” school. The AD now is amazing and wants all sports programs to succeed.

7 hours ago, SHS Sandcrabs said:

We had an AD at Marion High that was only worried about the basketball and it cost us an invitational we hosted every other year with Western being the other host. The year we were scheduled to host our AD said for an 8 team invitational we were gonna hire one official and run one mat and have to be out of the gym by 3!!! Coach Swinson at the time and others expressed how this could not work, but it went upon deaf ears. Western ended up hosting it since and has done a great job! Excellent hospitality and competition. This was an obstacle we had as a “basketball” school. The AD now is amazing and wants all sports programs to succeed.

Glad things are changing for the better!

17 hours ago, SHS Sandcrabs said:

Good ending to an all too common problem, with an unqualified person being put in charge of the AD position. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.