Wade McClurg A-1

Who raised this kid? I know it was just the first day but Mr. Mack gets the General’s A-1 seal of approval.  He is knowledgeable, easy to develop a rapport with, stayed late, listened to our concerns and I’m a low IQ nobody: he acted like I was really a general.  We’ve gained a coup.  Northeast Indiana listen up: do yourself a favor and join the Warrior RTC.   I saw 2 corner turns in the same day.  True breakthrough’s.  Pee wee through veteran they are developing champions.  Veteran’s world medalist in the building.  Several ISWA state champs in the building.  Fargo Double AA in the building.  NAIA AA’s in the building.  Former Indiana State Champs and Runnies in the building.  I’m just saying Wade had me so pumped I stayed an extra half an hour and move around in my stance.  I can’t let Caleb or FC Fighter out do me.  Caleb might want some smoke.  

I recant these statements.  I will never vouch for anyone I don’t know again.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz
Learned more about Wade

4 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Who raised this kid? I know it was just the first day but Mr. Mack gets the General’s A-1 seal of approval.  He is knowledgeable, easy to develop a rapport with, stayed late, listened to our concerns and I’m a low IQ nobody: he acted like I was really a general.  We’ve gained a coup.  Northeast Indiana listen up: do yourself a favor and join the Warrior RTC.   I saw 2 corner turns in the same day.  True breakthrough’s.  Pee wee through veteran they are developing champions.  Veteran’s world medalist in the building.  Several ISWA state champs in the building.  Fargo Double AA in the building.  NAIA AA’s in the building.  Former Indiana State Champs and Runnies in the building.  I’m just saying Wade had me so pumped I stayed an extra half an hour and move around in my stance.  I can’t let Caleb or FC Fighter out do me.  Caleb might want some smoke.  

I can vouch ✅

Thanks for the A1 compliment General, but ironically enough my Mom and Dad raised me and my brothers with Country Bob's always stocked in the fridge.  I have been fortunate to have been around some very good people, first as an athlete and then as a coach.  Extremely grateful for my friendship with Coach Pompei and the opportunity he has given me to coach at Indiana Tech, which allows me to continue to be surrounded by some A-1 individuals.

The Indiana Tech student-athletes are arriving back on campus, and there is a lot of buzz amongst the men's and women's wrestling teams about the Warrior RTC.   We are all pumped to get in the wrestling facility and get better together.  It is going to be a super neat training environment and a unique opportunity for elementary, middle school, and high school athletes to supplement their wrestling training year-round with college athletes and college coaches of one of the very best NAIA wrestling programs in the country.  We are excited to be a resource to help athletes of all ages reach their goals both on and off the mat!

Coaches Summit & Open House Week is just 2 weeks away!  The goal of the Coaches Summit on Sunday August 29 from 4:00pm-6:00pm will be to get our youth, high school, and college coaches together under one roof and discuss how TOGETHER we can enhance the wrestling environment in Fort Wayne and the surrounding area!  Open House Week is where athletes, parents, and coaches can come check out the facility and meet the coaches and get a workout in for free.  We will get a drill in, show some technique, and wrestle quite a bit of live at the Open House Workouts. The Open House nights will be Sunday 8/29, Monday 8/30, and Wednesday 9/1 from 6:00pm-8:00pm.  Our Fall Session will officially begin on Sunday, September 5 with a Beginners Group, Elem/MS Elite Group, and HS/College Group.  More information can be found at www.warriorrtc.com contact info@warriorrtc.com if you have any questions.

If you or any member(s) of your staff are planning to attend the Coaches Summit, please fill out this google form to help us get an idea of how many people will be there- https://forms.gle/sQnfLp9mDPHbTmwV7

Coaches Summit & Open House flyer.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to remind everyone one final time that the Warrior RTC @ Indiana Tech starts Sunday... 

Fort Wayne LEGEND and current Indiana University Wrestling Assistant Coach Riley Lefever will be in attendance at Sunday's 6:00pm practice!  Coach Lefever wrestled at Wabash College, where he was a 4x DIII National Champion, team captain and a First Team Academic All-American, and was also a UWW Junior Age Group National Team Member.  Lefever then moved to State College, PA where he spent five years training freestyle with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club under the tutelage of Cael Sanderson.  In 2018 Riley earned the bronze medal at the Dave Schultz International Memorial tournament at 92kg and a bronze medal at the Outstanding Ukrainian Tournament.  In 2019 he earned third place in the World Team Challenge Tournament.

We are hosting our Coaches Summit this Sunday 8/29 4:00pm-6:00pm.   We encourage any youth, middle school, high school, and college coaches that are interested in making their program better and growing the sport as a whole in Fort Wayne and the surrounding area to attend.  Coaches you can bring car load(s) of athletes with you on Sunday, and they can hangout during the coaches summit in the wrestling facility until our 6:00pm workout.

Free Open House Workouts are this Sunday 8/29, Monday 8/30, Wednesday 9/1 @ 6:00pm-8:00pm.  Athletes, Parents, and Coaches are encouraged to attend these workouts.  Groups of Indiana Tech Men's and Women's wrestlers will be at these workouts.  We encourage boys and girls of all ages to attend these wrestling practices.  We also encourage parents and coaches to come see the facility, meet the coaching staff, and see what we have to offer.

Fall Session starts next Sunday 9/5... We offer fall, winter, and spring training sessions for all ages and ability levels. We also will offer wrestling camps in the spring/summer, and are willing to come to your school or club to run a clinic.

Why You Should Join The Warrior RTC To Supplement Your Training:
  • COLLEGE COACHING STAFF with a strong track record of developing talent & producing results at every level: elementary, middle school, high school, college & post-collegiate.
  • TRAINING PARTNERS you will find both quality & quantity to push you and give you a variety of looks and different feels in our training environment.
  • COLLEGE WRESTLERS wrestle with and be mentored by our men’s and women’s teams at Indiana Tech.
  • FACILITY train in a state-of-the-art 25,000 square foot wrestling building.
  • AFFORDABLE MEMBERSHIP we offer sibling and team discount rates, a membership discount program, and discount rates on camps we host & satellite camps we run.
  • CORNER COACHING we will provide coaching at competitions and tournaments.
  • PRIVATE TRAINING opportunities are available year-round. Private workouts are tailored to the athlete’s specific needs. We believe this hands-on and focused approach is one of the quickest ways to make progress and jump levels.
  • COLLEGE RECRUITMENT we are able to provide resources to assist wrestlers & families as they navigate the world of college recruiting to help athletes find the right fit for their choice in a college wrestling program.

Coaches Summit & Open House flyer.pdf HS College Flyer.pdf Elem ^0 MS Elite Flyer.pdf Little Warriors Flyer.pdf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.