School is Back ! Is the Class of 22 ready for their last ride ?

TeamGarcia

Few months out before wrestling season starts but high school is back filling the hallways and classrooms. Fall sports about to start up and soon winter sports will back into the grind . 

Who are them Seniors out there to keep a eye on going into this year ? Teams with the most Seniors ? Those Senior SQ and Semi Ticket Rounder that could make their way on the podium ? Those Senior State Placers that could return big and better than ever ? Any out of State Seniors move ins or transfers that could make a big impact this year ? We got a rare 3x State Champ that’s going for 4x State Champ (lock IMO) Senior . Lock it up …. No you lock it up … LOCK IT UP 🔐 throw away the keys, bury it #1 ranked wrestler in the Country & Pound 4 Pound Mr. Mendez . 

Lets hear it for the Class of 2022 ! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Excited to see the light weights and what weight they all will land at. Just look at 106-113 returning placers. I also added their career record at state... Not to mention their are a ton of REALLY good freshman coming up, and some kids that have been on the cuff the past few years. 

Return of Logan Miller? (2020 Champ) (4-0 at state)

Ashton Jackson- Champ (4-0 at state)

Issac Ruble - 2nd (6-3 at state)

Evan Dickey- 2nd (3-2 at state)

Billerman- 3rd (3-1 at state)

Leavell-3rd (3-1 at state)

Hammack- 4th (2-3 at state)

Jeff Bailey- 6th (2-3 at state)

Seng- 5th (3-1 at state)

Bahl- 5th (3-1 at state)

Demarco-6th (2-2 at state)

Nathan Smith-7th (2-2 at state)

Brooks- 7th (3-5 at state)

Buttler- 8th (1-3 at state)

Tishner-8th (1-3 at state)

Haven't looked into it too much, but Codei Khawaja should be an immediate title threat. Impressive results at Fargo. I can also see Nathan Smith winning at 106. Both of these guys had breakout performances at Fargo and are definitely title threats now (not saying they weren't good before, but they've obviously improved a lot since season)

On 7/28/2021 at 4:31 AM, TysonNisley said:

Haven't looked into it too much, but Codei Khawaja should be an immediate title threat. Impressive results at Fargo. I can also see Nathan Smith winning at 106. Both of these guys had breakout performances at Fargo and are definitely title threats now (not saying they weren't good before, but they've obviously improved a lot since season)

106 could definitely have some strong upperclassmen this season which could have multiple seniors which is pretty unusual. I think 3 Freshman at 106 could come in and all contend next season (Isaiah Schaefer, Gavin Jendreas, and Jake Hockaday). My prediction is Indiana will see their second female state qualifier with Juliana Ocampo making it of Fort Wayne and wrestling for New Haven. 

21 hours ago, JORVILLE said:

106 could definitely have some strong upperclassmen this season which could have multiple seniors which is pretty unusual. I think 3 Freshman at 106 could come in and all contend next season (Isaiah Schaefer, Gavin Jendreas, and Jake Hockaday). My prediction is Indiana will see their second female state qualifier with Juliana Ocampo making it of Fort Wayne and wrestling for New Haven. 

I think you have the possibility of two this year alone. Heather Crull.

Evansville is going to be a track race at 106. There are lots of possibilities: Schaefer, Hockaday, Rioux, Feeler, Heaston, LaRocca, and Krueger. I don't know their current weights but Syra and Zirkelbach are possibilities.

I'm sure I'm forgetting others. Heck, it's a tough row to hoe, but you could throw in fourth female state qualifier in MaKenzie Smith.

3 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

I think you have the possibility of two this year alone. Heather Crull.

Evansville is going to be a track race at 106. There are lots of possibilities: Schaefer, Hockaday, Rioux, Feeler, Heaston, LaRocca, and Krueger. I don't know their current weights but Syra and Zirkelbach are possibilities.

I'm sure I'm forgetting others. Heck, it's a tough row to hoe, but you could throw in fourth female state qualifier in MaKenzie Smith.

Wow that’s a packed semi state if even 5 of them go 106. Syra was struggling to make 113 and don’t think 106 is even an option.

While I'm thinking of it, isn't Doster at New Haven? Is he too big for 6?

55 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

Wow that’s a packed semi state if even 5 of them go 106. Syra was struggling to make 113 and don’t think 106 is even an option.

Edited by gsmith58

On 7/29/2021 at 3:17 PM, JORVILLE said:

If Hockaday wrestles like he did vs Seth Mendoza at defense Soap Duals, he'll be tough for anybody to beat!

13 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

If Hockaday wrestles like he did vs Seth Mendoza at defense Soap Duals, he'll be tough for anybody to beat!

Jake was 3-2 with a much bigger state champ Jackson in the third at Disney. Was on bottom and got to his feet. Instead of backing out and tying it up he dropped for a shot and got pinned. My point is that he was right there. He’s tough! 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:08 PM, brickfor6 said:

Excited to see the light weights and what weight they all will land at. Just look at 106-113 returning placers. I also added their career record at state... Not to mention their are a ton of REALLY good freshman coming up, and some kids that have been on the cuff the past few years. 

Return of Logan Miller? (2020 Champ) (4-0 at state)

Ashton Jackson- Champ (4-0 at state)

Issac Ruble - 2nd (6-3 at state)

Evan Dickey- 2nd (3-2 at state)

Billerman- 3rd (3-1 at state)

Leavell-3rd (3-1 at state)

Hammack- 4th (2-3 at state)

Jeff Bailey- 6th (2-3 at state)

Seng- 5th (3-1 at state)

Bahl- 5th (3-1 at state)

Demarco-6th (2-2 at state)

Nathan Smith-7th (2-2 at state)

Brooks- 7th (3-5 at state)

Buttler- 8th (1-3 at state)

Tishner-8th (1-3 at state)

Not to nitpick, but isn’t Logan Miller 7-1 at state? 5th as a freshman, champ as a sophomore?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.