Fargo Updates

TeamGarcia

1 hour ago, Coach Brobst said:

I read all of what you had to say but I’m stuck on just one point, mostly because I’m always trying to gain knowledge to help my athletes and bend and change as the sport does so don’t take what I’m saying as you being wrong: we all know there are so many different styles and paths to success, so consider this professional curiosity. 

In the above quoted paragraph you mention you try to break the habit of reaching with the trail hand. I preach close gap with head contact first and if you have to tie up high, use the trail hand so your attack hand stays free, plus if you reach with lead leg hand from space, you leave your lead leg defenseless to a wrestler who will shoot from space or likes low level attacks.

Just curious as the the benefits of reaching with the lead arm in your opinion, I try not to force kids into a mold as styles vary so much, so wanted to see if there’s another thing I need to open my mind about.

Always enjoy reading what you have to say!

You're exactly right about  Everything, I meant breaking habit of reaching lead arm and Initiating tie with rear arm... I try breaking them of reaching with lead arm like you said...proof reading isn't my strong suit along or articlating my points correctly lol..

Me talking about wrestling and  MMA wrestling and the whole lead right leg in wrestling = south paw in a traditional boxing stance changes things but im regards to straight wrestling you're exactly right.. I got too much I'm trying to say without slowing down and just taking my time...soon as I read your post I was realized what you was saying and that I mixed up what I was trying to say...

Making contact with your head and matching your opps  level is crucial that's only if they're in a good low stance...

Also  sugar foot or square stances dictate distance between you and your opponent when in space.. Harder to cover as much ground as quickly in space with a square stance than it is to a shot in a staggered stance with your lead leg closer to the target than a square stance.

Like you do everybody is different and different things work for ppl in different ways..

That first contact with their head ensures your first line of D, then you can simultaneously hit a your collar ties, hook and posts etc.. We was always taught to have heavy hands upon tying up and to make sure we move out opponent any time we touch them . Then that ensures we can get into our attacks and stay in good position..

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't elaborate or correctly type what I meant... Thanks for the kind words and asking me about My rookie typo.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170
Coach brobst is the man

10 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

Anyone know the last time we had a Junior Fargo finalist who only got 7th place in the State?  Nathan Smith had a great run at Fargo and to think he got 7th this year at State seems pretty crazy.

Great question...He def killed it at Fargo and placed 4th at the usa showcase vs high level comp as well.. I'm happy for him and Southports program.. Skinner is doing great things there.. He was a stud himself... Always loved the skinner vs Garrard wars.. Smith length at 100-106 gives ppl problems especially when he's clicking!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

3 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

You're exactly right about  Everything, I meant breaking habit of reaching lead arm and Initiating tie with rear arm... I try breaking them of reaching with lead arm like you said...proof reading isn't my strong suit along or articlating my points correctly lol..

Me talking about wrestling and  MMA wrestling and the whole lead right leg in wrestling = south paw in a traditional boxing stance changes things but im regards to straight wrestling you're exactly right.. I got too much I'm trying to say without slowing down and just taking my time...soon as I read your post I was realized what you was saying and that I mixed up what I was trying to say...

Making contact with your head and matching your opps  level is crucial that's only if they're in a good low stance...

Also  sugar foot or square stances dictate distance between you and your opponent when in space.. Harder to cover as much ground as quickly in space with a square stance than it is to a shot in a staggered stance with your lead leg closer to the target than a square stance.

Like you do everybody is different and different things work for ppl in different ways..

That first contact with their head ensures your first line of D, then you can simultaneously hit a your collar ties, hook and posts etc.. We was always taught to have heavy hands upon tying up and to make sure we move out opponent any time we touch them . Then that ensures we can get into our attacks and stay in good position..

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't elaborate or correctly type what I meant... Thanks for the kind words and asking me about My rookie typo.

No worries, man! I thought maybe that’s what you meant but wanted to clarify! Like I said always trying to learn too from others! 

so much talent in our community, got to learn to be a life long student of the sport to help all these kids!

in regards to Nate Smith, I think wrestling at 100 is a different animal than 106. Think about how big some of those boys must be compared to him if he’s able to make 100 multiple days in a row vs some of our 106 pounders that cut from 120 weekly. 

if anything, I think him finishing 7th at 106 giving up that much size is pretty damn impressive. Good for him. I know we don’t want any part of drawing into him at Semi-state!

6 hours ago, Coach Brobst said:

No worries, man! I thought maybe that’s what you meant but wanted to clarify! Like I said always trying to learn too from others! 

so much talent in our community, got to learn to be a life long student of the sport to help all these kids!

in regards to Nate Smith, I think wrestling at 100 is a different animal than 106. Think about how big some of those boys must be compared to him if he’s able to make 100 multiple days in a row vs some of our 106 pounders that cut from 120 weekly. 

if anything, I think him finishing 7th at 106 giving up that much size is pretty damn impressive. Good for him. I know we don’t want any part of drawing into him at Semi-state!

Yessir, he's a stud! 

Veazy Double AA?@AllenCountyLevelUp.  But then again my IQ is too low to have foreseen this.  The secret is out he just stuck #2 p4p on the 2025 Big Board.  No announcement? Crickets? Ok I’ll say it:  Great Job T’Challa. I got 5 on it!  Let’s gooooo!

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Veazy Double AA?@AllenCountyLevelUp.  But then again my IQ is too low to have foreseen this.  The secret is out he just stuck #2 p4p on the 2025 Big Board.  No announcement? Crickets? Ok I’ll say it:  Great Job T’Challa. I got 5 on it!  Let’s gooooo!

Gotta like a young man that rises to the occasion.  Stay humble yet hungry Veazy, you have a bright future.  

General you were definitely ahead of the pack on your support of this young lion. 

Edited by MattM

8 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Waiting on you to post it! Happy for em and y'alls area!

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Waiting on you to post it! Happy for em and y'alls area!

Thanks.  More to come.  The younger kids are motivated.  They now believe me when I say if you do the work you can accomplish anything.  I showed the kids in our clubs and my mentees the way some areas refer to us in the NE Corner.  Not Bulletin Board material: Big Board material. Now Rofkin has some “splaining” to do.  Gotta adjust that Big Board.  And now Rankers: what are we gonna do? I hope he get’s a mention in the Magazine.  Don’t snooze.  I know my detractors are 😷.   Y’all thought I was  nuts by picking Reakus to medal and he did that.   The next 6 years are going to grind your ⚙️.

1 hour ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Thanks.  More to come.  The younger kids are motivated.  They now believe me when I say if you do the work you can accomplish anything.  I showed the kids in our clubs and my mentees the way some areas refer to us in the NE Corner.  Not Bulletin Board material: Big Board material. Now Rofkin has some “splaining” to do.  Gotta adjust that Big Board.  And now Rankers: what are we gonna do? I hope he get’s a mention in the Magazine.  Don’t snooze.  I know my detractors are 😷.   Y’all thought I was  nuts by picking Reakus to medal and he did that.   The next 6 years are going to grind your ⚙️.

I think everybody's happy for y'all, I want everybody to be good!

17 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Just talked to Veazy on his dad’s phone.  He had at least two 5 pointers today.  He did confirm he would be using The General’s Kung Fu techniques on all his opponents for the duration of this Championship.

I hear he got 6 fives in one match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.